Thread: Can't Overclock

Nowhere in my bios that i can see allows me to over clock mt 2800+ barton....
    could it be locked or hidden?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Whats your motherboard? It might not support it.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by scottwile@4 April 2004 - 15:59
    u probably just cant overclock with your board. usually only the store bought boards (ie not oem ones) have overclocking features. sorry.

even my board cant overclock stupid pos.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    maybe not, its not the best... Asus A7N8X-LA

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+4 April 2004 - 17:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 4 April 2004 - 17:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scottwile@4 April 2004 - 15:59
    u probably just cant overclock with your board. usually only the store bought boards (ie not oem ones) have overclocking features. sorry.

even my board cant overclock stupid pos. [/b][/quote]
    its fine i wasn&#39;t going to over clock anyways thee is no need i was just wonder why i didn&#39;t see the option...
    can i update my bios or something?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I did a quick google search, did the mobo come from HP by any chance?
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    yes its in an hp a320n... sorry fro not saying that

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    It looks almost identical to the A7N8X-VM

If you are willing to risk it, you could try flashing with the latest bios for that mobo, but make sure you save a copy of the old bios first. If it doesn&#39;t work you can probably put the old bios back, but I can&#39;t be sure, that&#39;s your risk.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by lynx@4 April 2004 - 17:47
    It looks almost identical to the A7N8X-VM

If you are willing to risk it, you could try flashing with the latest bios for that mobo, but make sure you save a copy of the old bios first. If it doesn&#39;t work you can probably put the old bios back, but I can&#39;t be sure, that&#39;s your risk.
    alright, i&#39;ll keep that in mind... i have no need to OC right now. i&#39;m looking into he future. thanks alot for the ideas B)