Thread: Top 5 Nirvana Albums

Poster
    TOP 5 NIRVANA ALBUMS

Altough I'm not a big grunge/punk/alternative fan anymore, I used to be a big fan a few years ago.
    Now I'm more into power/speed metal, but from to time I listen to their music

Visit my old Nirvana website for lyrics:
    www.mp3grunge.de.vu/lyrics

And here it is:

1.) BLEACH (Released 1989, Sub-Pop Records)

The first album of Nirvana, released by their first label Sub-Pop records.Recommended for true Nirvana fans, but the normal-listeners will may find this album a bit .... let me say "strange".
    Altough it features some nice songs like: About A Girl, Downer, School, Scoff, etc.

2.) NEVERMIND (Released 1991, Geffen Records)

Ya, it's the one with the naked baby on the cover.
    Nirvana's best (-selling) album, with hits like Smells Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are, In Bloom & Lithium ...

3.) INCESTICIDE (Released 1992, Geffen Records)

A compilation of b-sides, raw material and not-used material that they have recorded during studio sessions.I like this album very much.it has a bunch of great song on it , like: Sliver, Aneurysm, Molly's Lips, Sun Of A Gun, (New Wave) Polly, Been A Son ... etc

4.) IN UTERO (Released 1993, Geffen Records)

What you see on the cover of the album is a pregnant , naked woman without skin but with wings.Hmmm a bit strange , but the album title says "In Utero"
    On the tracklist of this album you can find songs like: Heart Shaped Box (Which is rated as the best Nirvana video, directed by Curt Korbajn), All Apologies, Rape Me (was restricted by MTV, but they played the song on their last MTV live performance "Live n' Loud"), Pennyroyal Tea ...
    There's also a kinda hidden track at the end of the album , the song is called "Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through the Strip"

5.) UNPLUGGED (Recorded 18. Nov. 1993, Released 1994 , Geffen Records)

Some of you will now say:"Hey, wait that's a live album !!".
    Ya, but not the kind of live performance we all know, it's much more than that.It's a great "album" , so it has to be listed.I hope you agree.

This was recorded 18. Nov. 1993 , but was released 1994 , after Nirvana leader Kurt Cobain past away (5. 4. 1994, found at his house three days later 8. 4. 1994 with a shootgun in hist hand and a hole in his head).
    However this record is excellent.One of the best MTV Unplugged performances ever.The record features songs like: About A Girl, Come As You Are, Pennyroyal Tea (performed by Kurt Cobain on it's own, with only his voice and an acoustic guitar, realy nice), The Man Whos Sold The World (originaly by David Bowie), Jesus (Don't) Want Me For A Sunbeam, On A Plain, Where Did You Sleep Last Night ...
    Three songs were performed together with the guys from "Meat Puppets":
    Plateau, Oh, Me and Lake Of Fire (realy great songs)

Ok that's it.I hope you enjoyed.

P.S.

Actualy Nirvana had only those five albums (and a live album compilation called "From The Muddy Banks Of The Wishkah").

B)

BTW, god-of-rock's threads inspired me to do this.So if it's bad claim him , not me

2. Music   -   #2
    jetje's Avatar former star
    lol unplugged is pretty live to me

i like them all, but i guess the best for me is nevermind, followed by unplugged

3. Music   -   #3
    Poster
    I don't know....I like them all.....probably Nevermind most though. And Unplugged is live :-p

4. Music   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    umm nirvana had 6 albums 2 of them being live

so it's a bit hard to do a top 5 albums

also greatest hits don't count

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster
    There are also the unofficial bootleg albums Outcesticide I,II,III,IV,V and VI

Originally posted by Adster+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>umm nirvana had 6 albums 2 of them being live
    [/b]

I know , I wrote it in my post
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dark Ride

Actualy Nirvana had only those five albums (and a live album compilation called "From The Muddy Banks Of The Wishkah").
    [/quote]

6. Music   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Nice. I love Nirvana. I did&#39;nt care too much for Unplugged though.

7. Music   -   #7
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA death &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ))

Wow -- I am really surprised there are still NIRVANA fans (yes, yes, yes)

Cheers, m8 &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Now a reply to utr post: &#092;

Well I think that NIrvana is generally a band that sounds more than awesonme live. Actually they are better live cuz u can feel all that energy that Kurt shares with the audience. And while some othe bands -- they try to do their concerts -- one 1:1 to the CD and try not to screw up -- with NIrvana every concert is powerful in its way. Even the one of coolest parts are when Kurt forgets lyrics or his guitar fucks up as a result of all the rage and movements that he makes...

So the real answer to ur post -- if u consider Unlpugged as a non-live album )

1) Unplugged

2) In Utero/Nevermind

3) Nevermind/ In Utero

4) Bleach

5) the Demo Tapes

BTW, I cant fu**KING find correct NIrvana tabs. Been searching the net and cant find good reliable tabs site -- that has the true notes, not tabs written by some ppl like -- "This is my first tabs, dont know if its right but this is how I play it and it sounds good" -- I amean WTF is that -- I need damn accurate tab.

8. Music   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by KurtCocain@5 April 2004 - 06:36
    BTW, I cant fu**KING find correct NIrvana tabs. Been searching the net and cant find good reliable tabs site -- that has the true notes, not tabs written by some ppl like -- "This is my first tabs, dont know if its right but this is how I play it and it sounds good" -- I amean WTF is that -- I need damn accurate tab.
    Why do you need tabs ?? The songs are so damn easy to play