Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Supertrick Installer

h1
    That's an ED2K link, just use it like a Sig2Dat link with any eDonkey2000 client.

BTW, Supertrick XG has been downloaded over 1500 times.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    That's why I didn't know it. It looked familiar, but I've never used eDonkey before.

...1500 times....
    Woohoo!

I didn't expect that kind of response. This was technically a beta, too.
    I knew it wouldn't cause any problems though.

I think it's already time for a new installer. Fixed several problems that I found along with some suggestions from users.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Okay, I&#39;m done with version 1.1. It has a nice list of changes all logged.
    I currently updated the link to the new version, but I haven&#39;t been able to contact haxor41789, yet. So it is temperarily hosted at Yousendit.com

==========================
    Changes in version 1.1:
    - Fixed bug in choosing DNS client service setting.
    - Added more entries to the several components of the blocklists.
    - Changed the format of some entries in HOSTS file that were causing conflicts with legitimate sites. They were left there so the user can see what not to use. The entries will not be used with the other valid entries.
    - Removed some blocklist redundancies.
    - Reordered some HOSTS file entries to properly fit the component categories.
    - Made base HOSTS file no longer mandatory, although it is highly recommended to install it.
    - Made adding restricted domains option more comprehensive by adding many more malicious domains and seperating them into sections.
    - Removed having to make a choice between having a HOSTS file editor in quicklaunch or on the desktop. The user can have both.
    - Fixed a registry key for eDexter. It is now only installed if edexter is installed.
    - Fixed problem with eDexter files installing without the user choosing the component.
    - Fixed problem with eDexter not starting automatically with Windows when chosen.
    - eDexter no longer requires a restart to begin replacing ad images. It starts after installation.
    - If eDexter is still running during installation, it will be deleted upon the next restart.
    - Setup now compiled with Inno Setup 4.2.1.
    - Minor cosmetic changes to installer.
    =================================

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Very nice, no problems installing.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Good.

Okay, any problems would be appreciated, but I don&#39;t expect any.
    I triple checked everything.

I think it&#39;s stable enough to keep it here for quite a while.

NOTE: Uninstalling any old version of Supetrick or Supertrick XG before installing the new one would be advised. It&#39;s a given really....

-- Xero Grid --

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    h1
    Updated to version 1.1.

http://www.supertrickxg.tk

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    h1
    Added new entries myself and removed some offending ones.

http://www.supertrickxg.tk

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    I&#39;m actually really curious as to how you did that.

Did you recreate my installer?

-- Xero Grid --

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I installed this & my 56k got f&#39;d. Went from 48Kbps to 19.2Kbps. What&#39;s up with that? I would have liked to use this. Oh well thats where my sig comes in handy.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    h1
    No, I just had a friend disassemble the original installer and then reassemble what I sent back to him.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast