Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little 'moving' Things Have Stopped

Why are all the little 'moving' things on the net not moving for me? For instance, if you were to go here YOU would see two flames spinning in a guys hand. I don't. I see two flames completely motionless. Another example is avatars. An avatar that normaly is a small video is now just a picture. Basically all the little 'moving' things on the net, aren't moving. Why not? Also, I have Win XP.

edit: I have tried shutting down Zone Alarm Pro and clearing my temp files.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Either your browser is blocking gif images or ZoneAlarm pro.

First go to Internet Options, go to Advanced and then click "Restore Defaults"

Clear cache restart browser.

If it doesnt work then shut off zone alarm completely and try again. It has to be one of them.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    h1
    Reinstall LZW.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    @I AM -
    First go to Internet Options, go to Advanced and then click "Restore Defaults"
    Didn&#39;t work

Clear cache restart browser.
    By the above, you mean my temp int files correct?

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Originally posted by haxor41789@4 April 2004 - 23:09
    Reinstall LZW.
    isnt that a data compression something or other?

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    - I did this to myself once, too&#33; I had to go into ZoneAlarm, and, under the Privacy options, Main tab, Ad-Blocking - turn OFF the Ad-blocking. That&#39;s what was stopping my animations. When I did that, the little animated gifs & smileys all started working again. I see from your post, you already tried eliminating ZoneAlarm. Go into your MSIE settings under Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Multimedia, "Play animations in web pages". Make sure you have the check in that box so the animations CAN play.

Those two settings ought to do the trick. Considering it can be getting blocked in two places just made it a bit trickier to get them working again.
    Dare to think for yourself.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    YES&#33; But I wonder why it works like that? Can I get another ad blocker do you know that will work?

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝

you see it now?

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    h1
    Originally posted by sampson+5 April 2004 - 01:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sampson @ 5 April 2004 - 01:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-haxor41789@4 April 2004 - 23:09
    Reinstall LZW.
    isnt that a data compression something or other? [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s correct, GIF uses LZW.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@5 April 2004 - 21:07

you see it now?
    Yes I have fixed the problem by turning off the Zone Alarm Pro Ad Blocker and can see moving images again. Can I get another ad blocker that wont interfere though(cause being on the web without one sucks&#33

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast