Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Comp Is Getting Slower And Slower

You should have two sets of cables though to run your SATA drive though, you need the cable to go from your drive to your mobo (probably the one that came with your mobo) and then another one to go from the drive to the psu, do you have that one too?
    it looks something like this

some slight variations may occur though, but that's what you need if you dont already have it
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@5 April 2004 - 12:55
    Once you install lots and lots of programs and load up the resources after a while computers will slow down a bit. A good reformat and new install of the O/S is great to fix this.
    OMG, you recommend backing up files, formatting, then reinstalling the OS, all apps & games and tweaking it all over again purely because it's running slow?
    What's wrong with just uninstalling the shit that's making it slow?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Chewie UK+5 April 2004 - 18:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK @ 5 April 2004 - 18:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx@5 April 2004 - 12:55
    Once you install lots and lots of programs and load up the resources after a while computers will slow down a bit.&nbsp; A good reformat and new install of the O/S is great to fix this.
    OMG, you recommend backing up files, formatting, then reinstalling the OS, all apps & games and tweaking it all over again purely because it&#39;s running slow?
    What&#39;s wrong with just uninstalling the shit that&#39;s making it slow? [/b][/quote]
    whats with you and getting mad at people for wanting to reinstall their operating system&#092;telling others to reinstall their operating system? its just easier to do then trying to figure out what teh cause of every single problem is.

although that may not be the best suggestion for this situation, i have noticed you posting the same type of replys in a lot of other threads.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    @ kai, cheerz for that ill keep that in mind... shouldnt that psu cable come with the HDD?

also no1s answered my question about reinstalling the OS.. will i have to go to windows update and install everything again?? thats a heck of alot of time and im sure its over 200megs....(i think)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by dray_02@5 April 2004 - 20:29
    @ kai, cheerz for that ill keep that in mind... shouldnt that psu cable come with the HDD?

also no1s answered my question about reinstalling the OS.. will i have to go to windows update and install everything again?? thats a heck of alot of time and im sure its over 200megs....(i think)
    yes u will need to install all updates again, but with ur broadband it should take to long right?

heres average size...

first download SP1a, around 30mb. then other updates and windows update will equal around 30mb, 50 if u include that .net framework thing...

so in total its only aroun 60mb to 80mb at most, shouldnt take more than an hour at 128k (my internet) and yours is 256kb soo....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    ok

damn, i really didnt want to download the updates again, but oh well.. i guess it&#39;l be worth it in the end...

i connect @ 5.6 Mb..... but i download stuff @ 35kb constant...

does that sound right... tha package i organised with my ISP was suppose to be a connetion of 256kbs.... weird huh? well i aint complaining

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by dray_02@5 April 2004 - 20:50
    ok

damn, i really didnt want to download the updates again, but oh well.. i guess it&#39;l be worth it in the end...

i connect @ 5.6 Mb..... but i download stuff @ 35kb constant...

does that sound right... tha package i organised with my ISP was suppose to be a connetion of 256kbs.... weird huh? well i aint complaining
    a connection of 256kb would probably average around 35kb/s so that is right, but that 5.6mb sounds kinda wierd...im thinking that might be just the speed of the connection between your computer and modem. mine used to say 100mbps when i connected my modem to my network card but that was just connection between the card and modem, not my real download speed.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    oh ok makes sense....

...rossco u so brainy B)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by dray_02@5 April 2004 - 21:06
    ...rossco u so brainy B)
    is that a good thing or a bad thing?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    a good thing man