Thread: Outlook Express Problem... Continued.

Poster

The account settings on my pc are 100% correct. (downloaded via the Cpanel auto configer) , and double checked by myself and my host. Everything is correct, i can recieve email just not send it to anyone!!! I also borrowed an email address from a friends PC and the same problem arrised.

Any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    maybe your ISP has some problems?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@5 April 2004 - 20:49
    maybe your ISP has some problems?
    Its been like this for days

When i use webbased software its fine, but anything like outlook express won't work.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by djweiser@5 April 2004 - 12:56

The account settings on my pc are 100% correct. (downloaded via the Cpanel auto configer) , and double checked by myself and my host. Everything is correct, i can recieve email just not send it to anyone!!! I also borrowed an email address from a friends PC and the same problem arrised.

Any ideas?
    Keep the pop 3 settings and use your isp's smtp servers to send your mail.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Try takin the mail from the server addy m8.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn+5 April 2004 - 21:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 5 April 2004 - 21:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-djweiser@5 April 2004 - 12:56

The account settings on my pc are 100% correct. (downloaded via the Cpanel auto configer) , and double checked by myself and my host. Everything is correct, i can recieve email just not send it to anyone&#33;&#33;&#33; I also borrowed an email address from a friends PC and the same problem arrised.

Any ideas?
    Keep the pop 3 settings and use your isp&#39;s smtp servers to send your mail. [/b][/quote]
    Thats what my host said to try.

I use freeserve broadband, any ideas what it is?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by djweiser+5 April 2004 - 16:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (djweiser &#064; 5 April 2004 - 16:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@5 April 2004 - 21:59
    <!--QuoteBegin-djweiser
    @5 April 2004 - 12:56

The account settings on my pc are 100% correct. (downloaded via the Cpanel auto configer) , and double checked by myself and my host. Everything is correct, i can recieve email just not send it to anyone&#33;&#33;&#33; I also borrowed an email address from a friends PC and the same problem arrised.

Any ideas?

Keep the pop 3 settings and use your isp&#39;s smtp servers to send your mail.

I use freeserve broadband, any ideas what it is?[/b][/quote]
    You could try port scanning your isp. Or a more simple approach would be to call them up and ask or go to their site. They should have the server addreses listed.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn+5 April 2004 - 22:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 5 April 2004 - 22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by djweiser@5 April 2004 - 16:53
    <!--QuoteBegin-djweiser

Any ideas?

You could try port scanning your isp. Or a more simple approach would be to call them up and ask or go to their site. They should have the server addreses listed. [/b][/quote]
    Got it, smtp.freeserve.com - all working now

Why does it work like that though?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by djweiser+5 April 2004 - 16:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (djweiser &#064; 5 April 2004 - 16:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@5 April 2004 - 22:56
    Originally posted by djweiser@5 April 2004 - 16:53
    <!--QuoteBegin-djweiser

Any ideas?

You could try port scanning your isp. Or a more simple approach would be to call them up and ask or go to their site. They should have the server addreses listed.
    Got it, smtp.freeserve.com - all working now

Why does it work like that though? [/b][/quote]
    Why ask why?