Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mods Can Lock A Topic...

Poster
    Why is it the mods can lock a topic because it's imflammatory but they can't change a topic title which contains the word "fucking" even when I submitted a report on it fucking ages ago?

On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Cause it probably requires more than One Click

Click 1: Lock Topic

3. Lounge   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    They can change titles. They may not want to do it because it removes the reason for the locking of the thread.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Here is the offending topic...I see no good reason for the use of the "bad word"
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by 4th gen@6 April 2004 - 09:32
    Here is the offending topic...I see no good reason for the use of the "bad word"
    Yes I totally agree with you. The rules, I understand, were relaxed recently regarding swearing, something I disagree with. Though I cant remember the board being informed, or are we supposed to hunt the board for rule changes?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab+6 April 2004 - 08:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 6 April 2004 - 08:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen@6 April 2004 - 09:32
    Yes I totally agree with you. The rules, I understand, were relaxed recently regarding swearing, something I disagree with. Though I cant remember the board being informed, or are we supposed to hunt the board for rule changes? [/b][/quote]
    I guess if the rules have been relaxed then it is up to the poster to take responsibilty for his own posts/threads. Some of us rarely use swear words or use words like feck or f*ck.

I guess swearing is maybe something you grow out of? Most of the more mature members can limit their need to swear. Personally I "save" swearwords because then they have more impact when I do need to use them.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Well, that was the first time I got the anti-spam. Annoying.

It&#39;s a judgement call.

This isn&#39;t a G-rated board, and cursing is allowed (within reason), but it isn&#39;t something that&#39;s encouraged. Fuck is one of those interesting words that has evolved to have the ability to mean a great many things. "My Router Is Fucking With My Internet Connection" isn&#39;t meant to be offensive, as its context is one of "causing trouble with."

Furthermore, Hardwareworld is Virtualbody&#39;s domain. I try to leave the moderating of the worlds to those who have been charged with their stewardship. If Virtual decides that the title should be changed, that&#39;s his decision.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@6 April 2004 - 09:56
    This isn&#39;t a G-rated board
    Why is it I haven&#39;t hit this &#39;G&#39; spot yet? Am I really that &#39;Past It&#39;?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@6 April 2004 - 08:56
    Well, that was the first time I got the anti-spam. Annoying.

It&#39;s a judgement call.

This isn&#39;t a G-rated board, and cursing is allowed (within reason), but it isn&#39;t something that&#39;s encouraged. Fuck is one of those interesting words that has evolved to have the ability to mean a great many things. "My Router Is Fucking With My Internet Connection" isn&#39;t meant to be offensive, as its context is one of "causing trouble with."

Furthermore, Hardwareworld is Virtualbody&#39;s domain. I try to leave the moderating of the worlds to those who have been charged with their stewardship. If Virtual decides that the title should be changed, that&#39;s his decision.

Yeah, my experience of anti spam has been that it&#39;s incredibly annoying.

I respect the point of view of the mod team, I just don&#39;t think that such strong, offensive words should be allowed in thread titles when the board is seen by such a wide age range.

Just my &#036;0.02 as my American cousins would say
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab@6 April 2004 - 09:00
    Why is it I haven&#39;t hit this &#39;G&#39; spot yet? Am I really &#39;Past It&#39;?
    Only if you&#39;ve gone in too far
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast