i finally started to deal with the world of irc recently.
i have tryed m(IRC) before and found it to be a huge and ugly peice of software.
i needed to contact someone on irc recently so i needed a client.
i found that i already had BitchX on my firewall (a linux box) so i started using BitchX, and found that it is amazingly 'geek chic' and gorgeous.
I was wondering if anyone else had experiences with this app?Originally posted by http://bitchx.org/about.php
- Built-in ANSI color.
- Ease of use. BitchX adds dozens of useful command aliases to reduce typing.
- Built-in notify, protection, bot, shit, and user lists.
- Built-in mass commands and tools.
- Extended set of DCC commands and built-in CDCC/XDCC file offering.
- Extended scripting functionality, including functions found nowhere else.
- Huge installed user base, an abundance of scripts.
- Built-in screen client, allowing you to detach and re-attach to an irc session.
or if some of my research would be appreciated if posted here?
i am sure that i will be able to interpret some of the howto's here for use with BitchX, but as most of the posts are specific to m(IRC) sometime this can be difficult and confusing.