Thread: Discover Your P2p User Profil !

MJilani
    DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF P2P USER TYPE YOU ARE ???

So click:
    http://www.hec.unil.ch/iumi/p2p

I am a student at the University of Lausanne, where I undertake a Web-based survey about Peer-to-Peer networks for my graduate studies.
    If you want to know more about how P2P users view anonymity, safety, and copyright issues in P2P networks, you can answer the survey.
    Then, you can see your own P2P user profile and how it compares to the average user.
    Your contribution to this survey is fully anonymous, your IP number will NOT be retrieved !

You can find the survey at:
    http://www.hec.unil.ch/iumi/p2p

Best Regards,

Mike Jilani
    University of Lausanne

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I'm not doing it untill I see some contact info...the only thing I see is a fake professor name

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    Sounds and looks more like a RIAA survey
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I don't trust this - this is his first ever post. and even if it's not a riaa survey, I bet they would still be able to look at the results - and the thought of helping them makes me cringe.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    b4icu's Avatar Greater Demon
    Question 41: You are generally a paranoid person?
    1. Yes
    2. sometimes
    3. No
    4. Who said that?
    Never miss a good chance to shut up

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    masterpiece21's Avatar 5C 12.24.42
    i dont trust this dooshbag!i think hes workin for the RIAA! may he b raped by a nympho AIDS infected squirrel every sunday for the rest of his life! U sneaky FRUITLOOP! :sneaky1:

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    is there anywhere we can watch the nympho squirrel rape of the dooshbag, anyone sharing an avi student my arse

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    i think its ok, seems to genuinely be connected to the university of lausanne in switzerland and the department seems to have produced a few studies on p2p sharing. If you're worried about security use a proxy, personally i didn't bother:

Dimension 1 : free use and generosity

Your score :
    Average score:  51
    If you score a high 100, you think that free use and sharing files with others are key assets of P2P networks. A 0 score indicates that you do not value open sharing and free use.

Dimension 2 : hidden and happy
      Your score :  50
    Average score:  36
    If you score a high 100, your view is that cheating on identities and blurring trails are essential to P2P. A low score implies that you are not a cheater, even on P2P.

Dimension 3 : downloading addiction
      Your score :  11
    Average score:  36
    If you score high, higher than average, downloading is fun for you ; you download for its own sake, you are a downloading freak !

Dimension 4 : Illegal but legitimate
      Your score :  63
    Average score :  42
    If you score a high 100, your opinion is that it is legally forbidden to download without paying for copyrighted files; however, if you get caught it's part of the game.
    Dimension 5 : impunity
      Your score :  92
    Average score:  69
    If you score a high 100, your view is that there are such large numbers of P2Pers and you are only one out of many. Consequently your belief is that you can't be caught. Lower scores suggest that you are concerned with being unmasked by copyright enforcers.

Dimension 6 : feeling of revenge
      Your score :  67
    Average score:  63
    A very high score indicate that, for you, major companies in the record industry exploit us through overpricing and pushy promotion ; as a consequence music downloading is only legitimate revenge. Whith a low score, you have not lost all sympathy fo Universal Music, EMI or Sony Music !

Dimension 7 : Online trust
      Your score :  88
    Average score:  51
    A high score higher than average, highlights a high level of trust in on-line purchases and internet payments. This is not true for all of us !

Dimension 8 : Preference for anonymity
      Your score :  50
    Average score:  49
    Those with score reaching 80 to 100 are people with a preference for anonymous interaction, no socializing and not being liable to anybody. Below average, you are a sociable P2Per.

Dimension 9 : general trust
      Your score :  63
    Average score:  41
    A score of 100, would show an absolute faith in the positive nature of mankind and the value of sharing with others, and this extends to your attitude in P2P networks. Those below average display natural mistrust.
    Thats me

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by ilw@10 April 2004 - 17:08
    i think its ok, seems to genuinely be connected to the university of lausanne in switzerland and the department seems to have produced a few studies on p2p sharing. If you're worried about security use a proxy, personally i didn't bother:
    What ilw said. It isn't necessary to steer clear of anything not all-kosher if you're able to check what it said. Followed the links, did some reading on HEC Laussane via Google and it seems to have worked out If it is a sting though, they can't touch much on me - All it'd be doing is providing a confession that you use P2P programs (which in itself isn't illegal ) - The real clanger would be if they asked you to admit downloading copyrighted material, and this survey doesn't seem to

Anyway, I took it and basically got below average on most profiles Except one - When considering about the following profile, I got about 90+ when the average was 63
    A very high score indicate that, for you, major companies in the record industry exploit us through overpricing and pushy promotion ; as a consequence music downloading is only legitimate revenge. Whith a low score, you have not lost all sympathy fo Universal Music, EMI or Sony Music !
    Then again with my signature no surprise there

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    Just a thought...if it is all on the up&up why isn"t MJilani responding to all the criticism...if someone is making accusations about me...i would be defending myself
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!