Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is There A Film

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Originally posted by 4th gen+7 April 2004 - 01:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 7 April 2004 - 01:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@7 April 2004 - 00:18
    but everyone likes rotk
    I don&#39;t

I wouldn&#39;t have thought it was possible to find a film which everyone liked... [/b][/quote]
    You obviously haven&#39;t seen Breakdance II.

My point is how can an, unquestionably, excellent production as the Matrix Trilogy create such a diversity of opinion?

Unarguably, they were groundbreaking films and should be respected for that. Just because the plot is a self-indulgent stream of jibberish it doesn&#39;t change the fact that the Matrix has changed cinema forver. It can be argued that the Wac Bros were ripping off styles and splicing genres but they&#39;ve certainly paved the way for more competent artists.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by chalice+6 April 2004 - 21:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chalice @ 6 April 2004 - 21:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 4th gen@7 April 2004 - 01:24
    <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power
    @7 April 2004 - 00:18
    but everyone likes rotk

I don&#39;t

I wouldn&#39;t have thought it was possible to find a film which everyone liked...

My point is how can an, unquestionably, excellent production as the Matrix Trilogy create such a diversity of opinion?

Unarguably, they were groundbreaking films and should be respected for that. Just because the plot is a self-indulgent stream of jibberish it doesn&#39;t change the fact that the Matrix has changed cinema forver. It can be argued that the Wac Bros were ripping off styles and splicing genres but they&#39;ve certainly paved the way for more competent artists. [/b][/quote]
    I disagree.

They paved the way with bullet-time. That is all.
    A flawed story-line......a shit leading actor (even fans agree on that one)....and to me, obvious stolen story elements (ever read The Invisibles?)

I offer Star Wars as being universally liked. It gave you a whole universe. There aren&#39;t many movies that are set in a galaxy far, far away. They usually are based on Earth of some sort. This movie created something new.

I second that with Frailty.
    That movie, unlike The Sixth Sense, keeps you interested all they way through, and has a great ending.

Alot of movies that have good shock endings seem to be considered good movies.
    However, some of those movies are not interesting through and through.
    The Usual Suspects springs to mind. I liked it...but it wasn&#39;t great.

I think a great movie is one you would actually pay money to see again at the theatre.
    It has no "dead spots".
    It has a kick ass ending.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    muchspl2
    forest gump maybe
    casablanca (sp)

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by ilw@6 April 2004 - 20:55
    Usual suspects?
    agree

and kill bill

chinnese connection -bruce lee

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Poster
    Scarface is teh greatest movie ever known to mankind

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by ilw@7 April 2004 - 00:55
    Usual suspects?
    right on. i love that movie

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Pitbul@7 April 2004 - 01:27
    Scarface is teh greatest movie ever known to mankind
    Another kick ass movie&#33;&#33;
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Originally posted by Busyman+7 April 2004 - 03:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 7 April 2004 - 03:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by chalice@6 April 2004 - 21:35
    Originally posted by 4th gen@7 April 2004 - 01:24
    <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power
    @7 April 2004 - 00:18
    but everyone likes rotk

I don&#39;t

I wouldn&#39;t have thought it was possible to find a film which everyone liked...

Unarguably, they were groundbreaking films and should be respected for that. Just because the plot is a self-indulgent stream of jibberish it doesn&#39;t change the fact that the Matrix has changed cinema forver. It can be argued that the Wac Bros were ripping off styles and splicing genres but they&#39;ve certainly paved the way for more competent artists.
    I disagree.

They paved the way with bullet-time. That is all.
    A flawed story-line......a shit leading actor (even fans agree on that one)....and to me, obvious stolen story elements (ever read The Invisibles?)

I offer Star Wars as being universally liked. It gave you a whole universe. There aren&#39;t many movies that are set in a galaxy far, far away. They usually are based on Earth of some sort. This movie created something new.

I second that with Frailty.
    That movie, unlike The Sixth Sense, keeps you interested all they way through, and has a great ending.

Alot of movies that have good shock endings seem to be considered good movies.
    However, some of those movies are not interesting through and through.
    The Usual Suspects springs to mind. I liked it...but it wasn&#39;t great.

I think a great movie is one you would actually pay money to see again at the theatre.
    It has no "dead spots".
    It has a kick ass ending. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, I&#39;d agree that The Matrix ripped off the Invisibles to some degree. And there&#39;s an uncanny resemblance between King Mob and Morpheus, don&#39;t you think? Its just a shame they didn&#39;t rip off more of it imo. They might have made a better trilogy.

Interestingly, Star Wars was recently voted the number one film in Brtiain in a Channel 4 poll. The Godfather was number two.

I must get around to watching Frailty.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    go see shallow grave trainspotting

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Originally posted by aoyv73@7 April 2004 - 09:45
    go see shallow grave trainspotting
    Shallow Grave was alright as a debut but its hardly universally embraced.

Trainspotting is an excellent film but watching dead babies crawling upsidedown on the ceiling is not to everyone&#39;s taste.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast