Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are We Being Trained To

Originally posted by fred devliegher@7 April 2004 - 06:05
    Guns recoil, if you fire an assualt rifle for any long period of time your shoulder hurts.
    The first time I fired a rifle in videogame I killed a Russian guard. The first time I fired a rifle in real life it knocked a tooth straight out

So yeah, there's a difference.
    what? you can't fire a real rifle while listening to mp3s and eating a slice of pizza? if they had to go to war, most gamers would be fucked!

2. Games   -   #22
    what? you can't fire a real rifle while listening to mp3s and eating a slice of pizza?
    Even worse : the trenches don't serve coke, and just try to find a Wireless Accesss Point in a minefield.

Come on, what dolt would think a hobby where you sit down all day could give you any sort of advantage in a real-world activity ? Sure, I can land a crippled 747 in a storm without instruments, as long as I can press F1 for help.

3. Games   -   #23
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@7 April 2004 - 06:31
    what? you can't fire a real rifle while listening to mp3s and eating a slice of pizza?
    Even worse : the trenches don't serve coke, and just try to find a Wireless Accesss Point in a minefield.

Come on, what dolt would think a hobby where you sit down all day could give you any sort of advantage in a real-world activity ? Sure, I can land a crippled 747 in a storm without instruments, as long as I can press F1 for help.
    I can land a 747 anyday....

4. Games   -   #24
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+7 April 2004 - 17:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 7 April 2004 - 17:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fred devliegher@7 April 2004 - 06:31
    what? you can&#39;t fire a real rifle while listening to mp3s and eating a slice of pizza?
    Even worse : the trenches don&#39;t serve coke, and just try to find a Wireless Accesss Point in a minefield.

I can land a 747 anyday.... [/b][/quote]

There&#39;s always a pilot... damnit.

Let&#39;s see you tackle this one : I can blast my way through an army of killer nuclear droids any day, as long as I can press F1 for help.

Knowing my luck, the next post will be by a professional NASA "cleaner"

5. Games   -   #25
    Double Agent
    lol dude ur funny

I did my flight training on the stupid M&#036; flight sim, it was pretty fun but i have to say it&#39;s no substitute for the real thing.

If I were to fly a real 747 i would prob crash but I know the basics of flying pretty well

6. Games   -   #26
    You sound like a friend of mine (except he can probably fly a 747). The only thing he flies regularly are gliders and his dad&#39;s prop, but he says M&#036; pretty much nailed the technical details...

I&#39;d rather not take the test.

7. Games   -   #27
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@7 April 2004 - 07:29
    You sound like a friend of mine (except he can probably fly a 747). The only thing he flies regularly are gliders and his dad&#39;s prop, but he says M&#036; pretty much nailed the technical details...

I&#39;d rather not take the test.
    wow then I am impressed with my virtual piloting skillz....

ya I never bothered with the small planes, dunno why, but I loved flying the big jets, I can go anywhere I wanted to

ya I hope I can fly a real plane someday... but i&#39;d never pass the physicals...(20/20 vision)

8. Games   -   #28
    ya I hope I can fly a real plane someday...&nbsp; but i&#39;d never pass the physicals...(20/20 vision)
    His dad&#39;s got freakish glasses (even looks a bit like Gates ) and he&#39;s gets to fly - not the big &#39;uns, but he does fly.

Don&#39;t give up hope &#33;

9. Games   -   #29
    anyone ever try that forklift simulator? it&#39;s just like the real thing&#33;

http://www.drfoerst.de/e_n8g.htm

10. Games   -   #30
    Double Agent
    ROFLMAO

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast