Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are We Being Trained To

eg you take two in shape people give them a gun in a jungle 5 acers 1 both person's have never shot a real gun or been in a real combat situation but one of them is a hardcore gamer who has been playing relistic shooters and stealth games alll his life, lots of games try to simualte how a gun shoots sound's reloads ithe gamer is gonna own think about it id have a blast

i don't know about you guys but fraging has made me want to try a shootout in a real life situation BLOODLUST

2. Games   -   #12
    Double Agent
    YMRA SU EHT NIOJ

3. Games   -   #13
    Lick My Lovepump
    I was shooting air rifles before I got into games.

4. Games   -   #14
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@7 April 2004 - 14:00
    games like splinter cell, cs, AAA,MGS, shooter's and stealth game in general, i mean if i really think about t ive been fraging since wolfenstien, 8 years in all i got my battle tatics down killa aim stealthy what do you guys think, i say conspiricy lead by us goverment to prepar and avrage civilion for war
    Dude :

I think your right B)

But yeah I like all of those games they are very nice
    hello i am going HOME.......

5. Games   -   #15
    sorry but all i have to say is you must be a retard to even think that, lol give any of you toy solders that play your comp games a gun and you would all shit your selves and run away

one big difference, when you get fragged in real life you DIE

6. Games   -   #16
    g you take two in shape people give them a gun in a jungle 5 acers 1 both person's have never shot a real gun or been in a real combat situation but one of them is a hardcore gamer who has been playing relistic shooters and stealth games alll his life, lots of games try to simualte how a gun shoots sound's reloads ithe gamer is gonna own think about it id have a blast

The hardcore gamer will completely overestimate himself, fire all his rounds at anything that moves, desperately look for the "R" button on his gun, crash into trees while he tries to strafe, then wonder why his healthpack won't plug the 8" hole in his chest.

And FYI, guns are LOUD. Way louder then the peashooters in CS.

Playing games teaches you jack squat about combat situations. Hell, the closest I've come is a paintball match, and even that didn't remotely resemble any videogame. Apart from the swearing.

7. Games   -   #17
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@7 April 2004 - 11:39
    The hardcore gamer will completely overestimate himself,
    right he'd feel confident while the other person if scared half to death

8. Games   -   #18
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    No, overestimate. As in think because he can fire a gun accuratly with a mouse he can fire it in real life too.

Heres a little piece of information. Guns recoil, if you fire an assualt rifle for any long period of time your shoulder hurts. They get hot, they smoke, and most of the time without proper training you are going to miss your target, or panic like fuck and just run. Real combat is nothing like games.

Oh yeah, and if you get shot once in real life, even in something you would consider non essential like a leg, its going to almost completly disable you and possibly kill you without immediate medical attention.

So no, i think games do fuck all for combat training.

9. Games   -   #19
    Tut Tut a gun is field artillery and such like in the uk forces god help you if you call your rifle a gun

10. Games   -   #20
    Guns recoil, if you fire an assualt rifle for any long period of time your shoulder hurts.
    The first time I fired a rifle in a videogame I killed a Russian guard. The first time I fired a rifle in real life it knocked a tooth straight out

So yeah, there's a difference.

and if you get shot once in real life, even in something you would consider non essential like a leg
    I'd say my leg is pretty essential when I'm running from a gun-toting maniac...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast