Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got My Seagate 80gb Hdd Sata

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    When you bootup the Windows XP CD there is a message at the beginning that says something like: [press a key to load SATA or RAID drivers.] I'm not sure but I think you need to have the drivers for the SATA drive available for the Windows installation.

SATA Driver

The driver is also provider on the CD that came with the motherboard.

Also... Read the SATA/RAID manual provided with the board.

dray , you are dangerous and shouldnt be workin on your own comp
    I agree with that statement. You are very scary to me also. Slow down, take your time and read before doing things.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@7 April 2004 - 06:20
    You are very scary to me also.
    :

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by delphin460@7 April 2004 - 05:34
    dray , you are dangerous and shouldnt be workin on your own comp

that format you said you did , is actualy a low level format, and should Never be done on drives over 32gig

now, if you have installed the drive correctly and you havnt stuffed it by using that incorrect format option

you need to have the xp cd in the cdrom and when your computer boots, it will ask you to hit anykey if you want to boot from the cd , and you install xp from thre

if it doesnt ask you that question , you need to ensure the bios is set to first boot from cdrom,

if it still dont work you have a bad copied xp disk , prob coppied by you i would expect

get another xp and try again
    He speaks the truth.

Loose cannon anyone?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I heard u have to use a floppy disc to install sata drivers...true?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@7 April 2004 - 17:46
    I heard u have to use a floppy disc to install sata drivers...true?
    ya some use floppies, some use cd's, i think thats what vb said, to put in the motherboard cd because it has the sata drivers on it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    lol @ all the dangerous comment.... yeh, but its my fault if i fuck it up... ill just get another one and learn from my past mistakes... lol

anyhoo.... VB i downloaded the drivers from gigabyte about 2 days ago... however when i installed them...(there were 2 drivers that i downloaded ) ...at 50% i got an error message "get install key fail !! "

thats a weird error message ay? it doesnt install.... then it asks me to reboot...

maybe thats the problem..

damnit i keep getting 1 problem after the other..

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by dray_02@7 April 2004 - 21:31
    lol @ all the dangerous comment.... yeh, but its my fault if i fuck it up... ill just get another one and learn from my past mistakes... lol

anyhoo.... VB i downloaded the drivers from gigabyte about 2 days ago... however when i installed them...(there were 2 drivers that i downloaded ) ...at 50% i got an error message "get install key fail !! "

thats a weird error message ay? it doesnt install.... then it asks me to reboot...

maybe thats the problem..

damnit i keep getting 1 problem after the other..
    try going to device manager and right click the sata controller or drive or whatever is shown in device manager, then click go to update driver and click the inf u downloaded...or try using teh driver that is on your cd that came with teh motherboard.

but anyway, i think VB meant to use the cd when ur installing windows xp on the sata. not in windows xp...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    that was a good idea rossco, however the update wizard sed "the wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed.

ill give the cd a try

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by dray_02@7 April 2004 - 21:45
    that was a good idea rossco, however the update wizard sed "the wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed.

ill give the cd a try
    u dont let it autosearch or whatever, you have to go to let me choose teh driver, then select the folder u downloaded to or ur cd, then find the inf file. and double click it. then it should install.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    i DID do that man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12