Thread: Stuck Clicking

RayinUK
    Hi I wonder if any of you out there can help. I've been downloading from KL for some time now, but just recently most of the music MP3 files that I download play for around 20 seconds then its almost as if they get stuck and you here a loud clicking come static noise. This lasts for 10-20 seconds then the song resumes.
    I can usually tell if this is going to happen, as I usually download at a painfully slow 5kb /sec and when downloading the rate will shoot up to around 17kb/sec and then settle again. Is this some sort of copy protection? and do these people that I download from realise that they have a duff track? Or is it me am I doing something wrong? If I am could someone explain (in simple terms) what it is!!
    Thanks
    Ray

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    h1

BTW, what does this have to do with clicking...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Out of The Ordinary
    Simple....dont use klite for mp3's, there's better alternatives (SoulSeek).

BOT

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@11 April 2004 - 23:58
    Simple....dont use klite for mp3's, there's better alternatives (SoulSeek).

BOT
    if you are lucky enough to find a time when the server is up, yes soulseek is better
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Azzz+11 April 2004 - 23:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 11 April 2004 - 23:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-&#091;B
    [O][T],11 April 2004 - 23:58] Simple....dont use klite for mp3&#39;s, there&#39;s better alternatives (SoulSeek).

BOT
    if you are lucky enough to find a time when the server is up, yes soulseek is better [/b][/quote]
    For the last few weeks, the server has been constantly up. Then it&#39;s down three times in the last two days.

Come on, Azzz, it&#39;s not as though you&#39;ve never used the program, you know yourself the server is very stable.
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Don_Pedrote's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by RayinUK@11 April 2004 - 23:35
    Hi I wonder if any of you out there can help. I&#39;ve been downloading from KL for some time now, but just recently most of the music MP3 files that I download play for around 20 seconds then its almost as if they get stuck and you here a loud clicking come static noise. This lasts for 10-20 seconds then the song resumes.
    I can usually tell if this is going to happen, as I usually download at a painfully slow 5kb /sec and when downloading the rate will shoot up to around 17kb/sec and then settle again. Is this some sort of copy protection? and do these people that I download from realise that they have a duff track? Or is it me am I doing something wrong? If I am could someone explain (in simple terms) what it is&#33;&#33;
    Thanks
    Ray
    I think that you&#39;ve got one of the manny corrupted song files on the fasttrack network shared by the riaa The fasttrack network is indeed not the place to be for mp3 songs But if you really want to download mp3&#39;s from the fasttrack network you can try MP3 Shield This is a little prog that filters corrupted mp3 songs from the fasttrack network.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Kazaa is truely flooded with corrupted mp3s I found that the "usernames" with corrupted mp3s are most times names with numbers such as rockman326 or sheila43 although some real users may have these names as well filtering these sources requires some work on your part but adusting the autosearchmore helps
    Augen auf
    Wer sieht versteht
    wie gnadenlos die Zeit vergeht
    wie sich der Zeiger dreht
    unentwegt
    Er steht nie still
    Du weißt nicht was du willst
    Du weißt nicht wo du stehst
    weißt nicht woher du kommst
    wohin du gehst