Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usb Safely Remove Hardware Notification

Can someone tell me how to DELETE or REMOVE the USB notifications icon in the taskbar ??

Without using the Customize Notifications method and just hiding it. Cus then you get an arrow down there.

Using XP Pro and even MS site dont tell you besides hiding it

I never used to have ti down there until I reinstalled the modem earlier TIA

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    omg you have asked this before havnt you

you dont get rid of it, it is there as long as something is plugged into the usb, that being your modem

just friggin ignore it , its not doing any harm

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Right-click the notification area, and selecting Properties. Under the Notification area heading, click Customize. Find the Safely Remove Hardware icon and select Always hide in the Behavior column next to it (press OK and Apply to back out).

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by delphin460@8 April 2004 - 00:34

you dont get rid of it, it is there as long as something is plugged into the usb, that being your modem

No I have not asked this before on the forum !

Right-click the notification area, and selecting Properties. Under the Notification area heading, click Customize. Find the Safely Remove Hardware icon and select Always hide in the Behavior column next to it (press OK and Apply to back out).
    Thank you for the reply but im trying to get rid of it completely not just hiding it as said in my above post. but thanks for replying

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Nogimics+7 April 2004 - 19:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nogimics @ 7 April 2004 - 19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@8 April 2004 - 00:34

No I have not asked this before on the forum &#33;

Thank you for the reply but im trying to get rid of it completely not just hiding it as said in my above post. but thanks for replying [/b][/quote]
    jut an idea, try reinstalling ur modem drivers again?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Tried that thanks mate

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Nogimics@7 April 2004 - 20:18
    Tried that thanks mate
    try uninstalling it (completely all drivers) then plug it into a different usb port (if possible) then install the drivers. i dont see why it would have that icon, as none of my usb devices make my computer get that icon...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+7 April 2004 - 17:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 &#064; 7 April 2004 - 17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nogimics@7 April 2004 - 20:18
    Tried that thanks mate&nbsp;
    try uninstalling it (completely all drivers) then plug it into a different usb port (if possible) then install the drivers. i dont see why it would have that icon, as none of my usb devices make my computer get that icon... [/b][/quote]
    Ya Rossco it should only come up when detecting a new device like when you plug in your camera to download pic&#39;s

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peat moss+7 April 2004 - 22:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peat moss @ 7 April 2004 - 22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@7 April 2004 - 17:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-Nogimics
    @7 April 2004 - 20:18
    Tried that thanks mate

try uninstalling it (completely all drivers) then plug it into a different usb port (if possible) then install the drivers. i dont see why it would have that icon, as none of my usb devices make my computer get that icon...
    Ya Rossco it should only come up when detecting a new device like when you plug in your camera to download pic&#39;s [/b][/quote]
    but a modem only gets plugged in once, then its left plugged in, its not like it has to be unplugged really often...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Thats what I ment I was in total agreement with you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast