Thread: Eztrust Firewall A Rip Off Of Zonealarm?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    ok well someone posted a long time ago that we can order a free windows security update cd from microsoft. i ordered it and have finally received it. It has a few of teh larger updates included on it but also came with a free antivirus pogram and firewall by ezTrust.

well anyway i installed them and the antivirus is nothing special, its actually a peice of crap, but as soon as a started up the firewall i knew it was zone alarm with a new name.

take a look at this pic:
    Image Resized
    [img]https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/wierdprogram.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

everything about this program runs exactly like zonealarm except that it has a different name...what do u guys think? are they same owners or something? or did eztrust buy the rights from zonealarm or something?

edit: forgot to add in the pic but its ok now...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Licensed or something. Gotta be.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Well Microsoft does what us to be safe you know But it sure looks like ZA . Is it more like the free version or pro?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peat moss@7 April 2004 - 21:44
    Well Microsoft does what us to be safe you know But it sure looks like ZA . Is it more like the free version or pro?
    umm well its hard to say, ive never used the free version of zonealarm, but this eztrust one is the 'lite' version and it looks a lot like the pro version of zonealarm

well i think im gonna install this crap and stick to regular old zonealarm pro and avg antivirus...