Thread: Logitech Z-560 Connectivity...

Poster
    Does anyone know if I can connect my Logitech Z-560 speaker set up to my PS2 in some way or other?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Originally posted by 4th gen@7 April 2004 - 19:41
    Does anyone know if I can connect my Logitech Z-560 speaker set up to my PS2 in some way or other?
    Hmmm, I have no clue, my friend...

However, I like your signature...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Lick My Lovepump
    Why not?

I know they haven't got a built in Dolby Digital decoder, but the PS2 has the proper optical output for you to use a 5.1 decoder.

If its like Creative speakers, wires go into sub, sub goes into input.
    I do know one of the Xbox, PS2 or Gamecube has 5.1 support. Try and find out, it can't hurt.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@8 April 2004 - 08:09
    Why not?

I know they haven't got a built in Dolby Digital decoder, but the PS2 has the proper optical output for you to use a 5.1 decoder.

If its like Creative speakers, wires go into sub, sub goes into input.
    I do know one of the Xbox, PS2 or Gamecube has 5.1 support. Try and find out, it can't hurt.
    I'm not sure how to...you have a link to a guide or something?

@adam: cheers It's coming up for Senna's 10th anniversary of his death, and the passage is pretty inspirational to me
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Lick My Lovepump
    Dolby has a quick guide here.

Sounds as if you can plug in your 4.1s, but you'll only get surround sound during cut scenes, unless you buy Dolby's decoder .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    use a feamle rca to female 3.5mm adaptor...cant realy explain much more than that right now im in a rush to get out...if someone else can expand on what ive said, possibly with pictures, that would be great thanks...if not i will post pics later for you.

well i couldny find a female to female plug but here is sorta what im talking about:

you can plug the red and white wire of your ps2 into the red and white on this wire, and the 3.5mm can go into your computer's line-in jack on your sound card.