Thread: Question & Problem With Vb

Im doing a program for college.

I have the following setup..

frmBooking

& frmBooked.

(with txtName and cmdOrder)

In frmBooking I have txtName ( a text box)

What I want to do is, when the user puts there name in txtName and clcik order, I want it to display there name (or what ever they inputted into txtName on frmBooked.

Does anyonw know how it can be done.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    No one knows or has a idea. What the hell, this place has gone down himm so bad. Used to get a fast reply, or someone helping.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    More details on what you're using?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    you need a label

make a label and call it lblInput, or somthing along those lines

then make your order command do this:

lblInput.Caption = txtName

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I really can't remmeber any VB, but in the code for frmBooked can't you say something like

frmBooking.txtName.text

to get the text from txtName. The forms may have to be declared as public or something, but as i said i really can't remember...

Edit: I thought you were just having problems getting info between the forms, but i reread it, do you need all the code to call frmBooked or is that sorted?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    vb sucks. I got a B and never even went to class. I have to take Advanced Visual Basic before I graduate and I bet I pass that too without giving any effort.

Your question does not make any sense. If your in college then the textbook itself has all the answers. At least mine did, it was by Diane Zak I think. I'm not saying we used the same curriculum, but when I bought my materials for vb a 4 gig dvd came with it. It included msdn libraries, vb.net, visual c#, and basically the whole visual studio suite. The msdn libraries alone are enough to pass the course.

We did our projects in class. Funny thing is your really not even graded on vb projects, since vb pretty much writes all the code for you! All you do is play with the controls.

I wish I had my book I think I had a similar project. But I sold my vb.net book back in the bookbuyback program and kept everything else. It's just that crappy

I do remember one thing though:

"Me.Hide & Me.Close that program"

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    h1
    It's so true...