Thread: Denial Of Service Attack

This is a badly-translated news story which I found on another filesharing forum:

Several anti-virus enterprises, which reported on the "q-variant" of the Netsky parasite, found out that this slams shut starting from 8 April with an Denial OF service attack over the long easter weekend. 07.04.2004 -

Who did not secure itself yet against the worm (we reported end March) and gladly at night the PC uses, that becomes probably part of a large-scale attack: The program begins today around midnight to attack from all infected computers several web pages.

The worm, which takes the respected place in the statistics of the virus spreading, is to bring in particular Filesharing Websites such as KaZaA to the crash. In order 00:01 on 8 April up to 11 April 2004 try to knock the worm, so frequently on the doors of the P2P-Webserver, until these break in.

The author of the worm had obviously a moral approach - or money from the software and music industry. Anyhow discussion participants in InterNet Security forums assume that, because the parasit attacks calculated the sides, which contain cracked software or stolen music. In addition www.cracks.st, www.[illegal link], www.emule project.net, www.kazaa.com and www.edonkey2000.com belong.

Who does not want to participate in the attack, thus immediately its anti-virus software should update - or simply the computer over Easter leave switched off, before it eliminates thereafter the Digitalfiesling. (mk) further information: Sophos Kaspersky Symantec TrendMicro

Kazaa and eDonkey brace for attack from Netsky

#Viruses Submitted By Kirt

The Netsky worm is due to launch a DDoS attack on file-sharing sites such as Kazaa and eDonkey on Wednesday morning

File-sharing Web sites Kazaa and eDonkey are bracing for a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack starting on Wednesday that will be launched by a clutch of new variants of the Netsky worm.

Netsky.Q, which first appeared on 29 March, is designed to attack various Web sites that distribute either file-sharing clients or hacking and cracking tools. Kazaa and eDonkey are its best-known targets and the attack is scheduled to last for six days. However, they will get only a short break because Netsky.T, which was discovered on Tuesday, will launch a new DDoS attack from 14 April. This attack is scheduled to last for 10 days.

Read More at zdnet.co.uk

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    masterpiece21's Avatar 5C 12.24.42
    So your sayin this virus is gonna fuck up file-sharing sites? got any idea who made the virus or is spreading it?btw,will it effect us file-sharing users at all?if it does,norton better have a damn patch or sumting or ima have my boot in their customer sevice departments ass

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by masterpiece21@8 April 2004 - 16:15
    So your sayin this virus is gonna fuck up file-sharing sites? got any idea who made the virus or is spreading it?btw,will it effect us file-sharing users at all?if it does,norton better have a damn patch or sumting or ima have my boot in their customer sevice departments ass
    Experts are predicting that the worm is just going to affect the websites, not the filesharing networks.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Link to another story concerning this
    Originally posted by masterpiece21@8 April 2004 - 21:15
    It wont affect the networks, just the websites. edonkey2000.com is down but other sites like overnet.com are still up. Its also taking out cracking and password sites

The virus has been spreading through the networks apprently in zip files etc. Normal methods
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    The virus has been spreading through the networks apprently in zip files etc. Normal methods
    How ironic. These people say they hate filesharing networks so much, yet they are still willing to use them in order to spread harmful files !

And I wouldn't trust RIAA at all - unless they come out and denounce the virus, they should be held responsible !

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    h1
    What the hell would the RIAA want with cracking sites?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    i seriously doubt its the riaa. but its kind of odd how its going after file-sharing and cracking websites. most computer geeks love that stuff....

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by haxor41789@8 April 2004 - 18:25
    What the hell would the RIAA want with cracking sites?
    Maybe some software companies were interested also, or it could be a lame script kiddie.