Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandwith

Hi to all. I think that this problem can only be helped by someone else in Canada.
    I live in Victoria. BC.Canada and am on cable with SHAW and I love the speeds I get. However I have just had an unpleasant letter from SHAW saying that I am using too much bandwidth. It seems that I used a total combination (U/L & D/L) of 72 GBs in the last 30 days. the D/L was only 32 GBs which was acceptable to them.
    Now please can anyone tell me a solution because I have only used Bit torrent this last 30 days and I love it!
    Cheerio

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Switch provides if possible. Let you money do the talking.

If not possible, well.... you're gonna have to use less bandwith.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    if they have a problem with your uploads, get netlimiter and run it while you are are using b/t , and cap the upload speeds to maybe 50k or something like that,

this will still share the stuff you have, but will keep uour isp happy

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Old Fella
    I think Delphin's suggestion is best then you can keep doing what you doing but reduce your uploads slightly to keep ISP happy. I would think that allowing upload at half your download would be okay.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Thank you all very much for your help and suggestions. I will do it!
    Cheerio

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Back again. I should have asked you in my last reply, is there a free program that does the same as Netimiter please.
    I am 75 and dont have much of a pension!
    Cheerio

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    if you have a linksys there is a way to make that limit your bandwidth
    i saw it on thescreensavers.com

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Originally posted by gotcha@8 April 2004 - 21:49
    is there a free program that does the same as Netimiter

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    Say you use Bitt for exactly 50% of the month, in a 31 day month. That means you'll be connected for exactly 15.5 days in the month. If you upload 40GB in that time, then your average upload bandwidth will have to be 31kB/sec. This doesn't seem too excessive...

How long (roughly) would you say you use Bitt in a month?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    shadows client makes it easy to control your upload speed andsee how much you put up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast