Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sound Blaster Live! 5.1

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by Keikan@9 April 2004 - 23:25
    dammit $45 down the drain
    Put it down to experience. I did years ago when I bought my SB128 and found CL 'had no plans' to build WDM drivers for it, leaving thousands of users with only two speaker output unless they retro'ed to 98SE.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I recently got an SB extigy external, cos I was too scared to put in the internal one, after fucking up badly before, and hey, very pleased that little mofo rocks
    best thing i bought in a while

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Chewie UK+10 April 2004 - 11:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK @ 10 April 2004 - 11:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@9 April 2004 - 23:25
    dammit &#036;45 down the drain
    Put it down to experience. I did years ago when I bought my SB128 and found CL &#39;had no plans&#39; to build WDM drivers for it, leaving thousands of users with only two speaker output unless they retro&#39;ed to 98SE. [/b][/quote]
    The older Creative cards have left a bad taste in my mouth too. Driver problems seemed all too frequent for me.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    ya your right, when i first isntalled the drivers from the disc i had no sound, i had to use some windows drivers
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i have the audigy 2. i found that the older SB cards are a pain in the ass, and will bitch up if you pull the speakers out of the connector while the pc is running. also you have to make sure that the speakers you have are not digital, and that the card will run the ones you do have. it used to take me 3 reboots to get my old SB128 to work again after switching to and from headphones. i hated it, thats why i got an audigy2.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Lick My Lovepump
    Same here Microsoul, my Audigy 2 ZS is extremely satisfying. An excellent buy I think.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@10 April 2004 - 16:49
    i have the audigy 2. i found that the older SB cards are a pain in the ass, and will bitch up if you pull the speakers out of the connector while the pc is running. also you have to make sure that the speakers you have are not digital, and that the card will run the ones you do have. it used to take me 3 reboots to get my old SB128 to work again after switching to and from headphones. i hated it, thats why i got an audigy2.
    ??

the soundcard knows when youve unplugged your speakers

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    What first got my goat with CL was their announcement that they&#39;d never worked on, and never planned to work on, WDM drivers for the ESS1371/1373 based cards (amongst others in the SB128 series), and yet there they are on the WinME CD manufactured by Creative Labs.
    Their next step was to delete dissenting posts from groups on their own news server; they later pulled all newsgroup support channels.

I&#39;ve had a CL CDROM drive that only worked a month and was given a webcam someone else had had only about 6 months before it stopped working.

Their support is abysmal so I walk away from everything they make - someone else always makes an equivalent product I can use instead.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    i&#39;ve still got an SB Live in my spare computer-- an Abit KT7 (KT133). a notoriously bad combination in its day. even after an upgrade from WinME to WinXP, a million BIOS updates from Abit, and a few (and far between) driver updates from Creative... the only prob that ever got solved was the crashing. the audio still stutters just as much as ever. horrible.

the onboard audio (both software & MCP-T versions) on my Nvidia motherboards have been a lot more satisfying, &#39;cause they sound better and there&#39;s no friggin&#39; stuttering during audio playback & recording. :music1:

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+10 April 2004 - 22:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 10 April 2004 - 22:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mïcrösöül°V³@10 April 2004 - 16:49
    ??

the soundcard knows when youve unplugged your speakers [/b][/quote]
    its not that the card knows it, i think its more of like a voltage spike or something when the stuff is pulled out. hell, i dont know. all i know is when you pull the speakers out when its running and plug them right back in, there isnt any sound. so i always had to reboot a few times to get the sound back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast