Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Have A Virus!

Poster
    help me guys.

Iv had this problem for a while now.

When i click start > run and type in stuff like msconfig it tells me

This operation has been canelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your ststem adminstrator

WTF .... i am the adminstrator... im the only person who uses my computer...

does sum1 no the solution to this problem?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    ok, go to panda.com and get a free online scan, then find out what the virus is, then download the appropriate cleaner

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i recommend online virus scan. also, c if there's any spyware on ur pc

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    some of the programs like tweek xp or even spybot have features that can stop stuff like that being used ,

have you used anything like this , check and see

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl2
    you wouldn't be in this situation if you were smart and didn't log in as admin all the time
    you should never be logged in if you surf the internet etc etc

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    ok, go to panda.com and get a free online scan, then find out what the virus is, then download the appropriate cleaner
    Just 4 days ago i went to google, search for online virus scan, and went to Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan..... it found a few viruses but didnt do much...

some of the programs like tweek xp or even spybot have features that can stop stuff like that being used ,

i used to have Tweak XP but not anymore.... i also have spybot installed.... what should i do....im thnking about downloading tweak xp

you wouldn't be in this situation if you were smart and didn't log in as admin all the time
    wtf... how am i suppose to NOT sign in as an administrator...? why the hell would they (WINXP) stop letting me use administration shit just becauuse i signed in as the administrator all the time....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    muchspl2
    no
    if you didn't catch this virus while you were admin, if wouldn't have ever done near the damage you are trying to fix
    what I'm suggesting is don't log on as admin
    it prevent any system wide problems like what you have
    if you fix it or rather when you give up and reformat
    don't make the same mistake twice

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    so is there no way to fix this?

if i sign in as a non-admin, then i wont be able get the things that i wanted to access anyway

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by muchspl2@8 April 2004 - 21:05
    no
    if you didn't catch this virus while you were admin, if wouldn't have ever done near the damage you are trying to fix
    what I'm suggesting is don't log on as admin
    it prevent any system wide problems like what you have
    if you fix it or rather when you give up and reformat
    don't make the same mistake twice
    I think that he means he has admin priveleges, not logged as admin. Most people think that if they have one user on the machine, they are admins. Get it right, you have ADMIN PRIVELEGES. You have to log on as ADMINISTRATOR to be THE admin

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by dray_02@9 April 2004 - 03:52
    Just 4 days ago i went to google, search for online virus scan, and went to Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan..... it found a few viruses but didnt do much...

i used to have Tweak XP but not anymore.... i also have spybot installed.... what should i do....im thnking about downloading tweak xp

wtf... how am i suppose to NOT sign in as an administrator...? why the hell would they (WINXP) stop letting me use administration shit just becauuse i signed in as the administrator all the time....
    You shouldn't?
    Sorry for those of us that don't know, can you tell me why?
    Also, how can you prevent from being signed on like that?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast