Thread: Mac To Hp

Is there anyway of having a Mac communicate with an HP? Or to convert a captur card in a Mac to be used with an HP?

D

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    HP PC or HP Printer or what?
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    HP pc, here is the situation. I have a mac, older model with a capture card in it, I dont have a capture card on my HP, even though I have sonic dvd writer that says you can capture, I havnt found anywhere I can connect my camcorder. but I can do it on my old mac, I want to know If I can take the card from the mac and put it into the HP or if there is an other way of having both communicate.

D

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    setting up a simple home network should allow you to let them communicate....... you could even try a firewire connection (i dont know if mac's support those things though)

putting the capture card in the HP: i doubt it.... ive heard you can move certain things around, but that's more experimental
    im dont know to much about this subject, but i would really go towards a small home network, or maybe (yeah, sucks, i know) even burning to a CD and using that as a network
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    What model is the capture card?

Unless it is specifically made for the Mac I would expect drivers for Windows to be readily available. Even Mac's tend to use standard parts for most things.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I have no idea,it came with the system. it was a top of the line Mac back in 95, its probably way out dated, but it still does the trick for capturing, but there isnt a burner in the mac

the model is a performa 6320CD

D