Thread: Newbie To Filesharing Any Help Please

emmy79
    Hi !

I would really like to get on the Movie File Sharing wagon. Firstly what are the best websites to do this, that give you the best quality? Also when I have downloaded a movie how do I put it on a disc? Do I need a dvd-burner to do this? If so what one would you recommend to obtain the best results? I have heard of external dvd burners are they just as good as the internal ones?

Would really appreciate any help, as you can see I know nothing about this area but am keen to learn and start putting it into practice.

:helpsmile: PLEASE !!

Emmy79

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    www.suprnova.org is a good site for movies and ShareReactor (it's dead but you can find its backups on p2p, alexa.com maybe, etc.). IMO though, FastTrack and iMesh are the best networks to get movies (extremely fast speeds), only you'll always need to preview them since there are so many intentionally-mislabelled ones.

For burning them, if you want to watch them on an actual DVD, then you'll either need to make a VCD (most movies on p2p aren't divided in a good way for VCD though), which you can make using a normal CDRW. Of course you can still use a DVD burner and burn to a DVD (all movies will take up just 1 CD ) but the quality won't increase... I personally buy the movies i wanna watch on an actual DVD (on TV).

As for external DVDRs, i have no idea...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I find the fastest client to be BitTorrent. For example, I just downloaded a 677 MB file in less than an hour!! I use Shad0w's BitTornado (google it). Now, BitTorrent is only good for really popular or recently released files. For rare movies, I use eMule. Its a little slower, but it gets the job done, and the quality is excellent!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Does you GFX card support TV-Out?
    A good way of porting movies from youy hard disk to the TV would be to play it on WMP and link it via. TV-Out to your PC, Save you wasting madd disks on a movie you'll prolly only watch once.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    masterpiece21's Avatar 5C 12.24.42
    I Get Most Movies from fasttrack tho the speeds suck(k-lite never did give me good speeds)and if i can find it,ill DL the movie i want from gnuttella(usin limewire)

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Wow, I'm surprised in that.
    If I had anything positive to say about fasttrack was the speeds for me
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.