Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mp3 Shield 2.0 Released

since I dont see a link or post for this, and this is a music section, hey heres a post and a link for MP3 shield.

MP3 Shield

It basically scans your downloads for fake and corrupt mp3 files and tips you off when it finds em, so you can stop downloading them. It will also scan all your other files for corrupt and fake mp3s. I'ts also free, and free form any shit.

you can also grab a copy from my k-lite sig below.

if everyone who shared mp3s used this, we'd clean up the networks shitloads, and poke the RIAA right in the friggin eye. :guinesssmile: cheers err0rsmith

2. Music   -   #2
    Better idea - use WinMX or SoulSeek for music. There are no fakes.

3. Music   -   #3
    Originally posted by DWells55@10 April 2004 - 03:03
    Better idea - use WinMX or SoulSeek for music. There are no fakes.
    not many files either , and much as I like my winmx, queueing for eight years is no fun, and I have no problem with fakes, I have none , i'm merely trying to help people who do

and BTW is that the same AMD who are planning Treacherous Computing with microsoft that you advertise so well?

4. Music   -   #4
    It doesnt fix messed up MP3s?
    Cuz something F'ed up happened when I was downloading a album off of BT, and the MP3s are sort of corrupt....I was hoping this app could fix them because I dont want to re-download the album....

5. Music   -   #5
    Gees, that TC thing is scary! I sure hope that doesn't come through.
    The Trusted Computing Group (TCG) is an alliance of Microsoft, Intel, IBM, HP and AMD
    Yes, that's the same AMD. But I'm sure you have an Intel processor. Unfortunately, I have an HP PC.

Anyways, I haven't had any problems between WinMX and SoulSeek not being able to find a song. I've had very little problems with queueing in WinMX, that's more of a SoulSeek thing. With Soulseek, you need to have friends on this board to download off. And I don't mind being queued if I have the whole album downloading and it's all a 320 Bitrate. Kazaa Lite is just too many fakes, too low bitrates, and not many files. And the real ones get the "more sources needed" error. So, for anyone using Kazaa Lite for music, come over and give SoulSeek or WinMX a try.

6. Music   -   #6
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@9 April 2004 - 22:17
    Cuz something F'ed up happened when I was downloading a album off of BT, and the MP3s are sort of corrupt....I was hoping this app could fix them because I dont want to re-download the album....
    Nothing will Fix them.Delete the Album and get back on the Battlefield son!

7. Music   -   #7
    Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@10 April 2004 - 03:17
    it doesnt repair mp3s, I never said it did. It tells you if the file you are downloading is corrupt, or if you have any corrupt ones in your folders. perhaps I didnt explain well enough...................................

With MP3 Shield you'll be able to purge your music collection from corrupted files, thus minimizing the spread of these corrupted files over the Net. In addition, you'll be able to detect when a file is corrupted before fully downloading it, thus allowing you to cancel corrupted downloads and save time, bandwidth, and your frustration

@dwells, I have AMD, and I aint selling nothing here bro, or telling anyone where to go, or whats better or whos fastest, use what suits you, use em all. This is a good tool that makes my p2p life much easier, so I thought I would let others know about it that dont know about it. Why does every post in this forum turn into 'mines better than yours' sales pitch the topic I started was only concerning mp3 shield, not wheres best to get what.

so i'll shut it and leave it at that, heres a good tool for anyone that wants it or has a use for it MP3 Shield
    Nothing will Fix them.Delete the Album and get back on the Battlefield son!
    aint that bitch reality

8. Music   -   #8
    I didn't want it to turn into a mines better than yours thread. I thought that was what you were doing when you brought up AMD and TC. Yeah, you'rew right this mp3 shield is good for the people who are stubborn (no offense) with Kazaa Lite and can't stand to leave it. I just find WinMX and SoulSeek easier than worrying about fakes, and figured I'd share that with tose who don't use it.

So, in summary: If you're willing to leave Kazaa Lite and put a little effort into getting music, get WinMX or Soulseek. Otherwise, if you love Kazaa Lite too much to leave it, mp3 Shield is what you need.

9. Music   -   #9
    Im sorry but anyone who believes that other networks dont have the same fakes ect is a fool

you suggest going to winmx and soulseek, and if ppl do this and take there mp3's with them , what happens , the fakes go with them also

the only way to stop it all together is if one of these apps had a plugin like the app above , so that these fakes where not able to be uploaded by other ppl

now does that sound like an idea

10. Music   -   #10
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by delphin460@9 April 2004 - 23:42
    Im sorry but anyone who believes that other networks dont have the same fakes ect is a fool
    You are right.If they are on one Network then there is no reason they can not be on another.

I am going to try this app out later and hopefully it is as good as advertised.

The only thing is I have never had a Fake Album to test it out on.I mean if I do have a fake I do not know about it.....or do I?

Nice Post tensegg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast