Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Council Tax Bill

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Just received a letter from the council demanding that I pay them 60 quid straight away or risk facing court proceedings. What fun!

The bill dates back to six years ago when I lived with my "friend" Karl. I paid my half of the bill but he, even though he was working, never paid a penny of it. So now lucky me gets to pay it, I know from my experience as a volunteer that I am liable for Karl's half of the bill even though I paid my side of the bill.

I'll pay it as I have no choice, hopefully they'll be willing to accept payment in installments...but really did they need to send it for Easter weekend, way to ryuin my whole weekend.

Cheers PCC.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 11:23
    Just received a letter from the council demanding that I pay them 60 quid straight away or risk facing court proceedings. What fun!

The bill dates back to six years ago when I lived with my "friend" Karl. I paid my half of the bill but he, even though he was working, never paid a penny of it. So now lucky me gets to pay it, I know from my experience as a volunteer that I am liable for Karl's half of the bill even though I paid my side of the bill.

I'll pay it as I have no choice, hopefully they'll be willing to accept payment in installments...but really did they need to send it for Easter weekend, way to ryuin my whole weekend.

Cheers PCC.
    Maybe you should hunt Karl down and kick the shit out of him.

That seems fair.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Council Tax...now there's a can of worms...in my experience they are useless...

I read the list of things they do. E.g. litter picking? must be done in the middle of the night. i recently asked for a wheelie bin (which remains property of the local council)...their answer was that i should pay them £40...or talk to the people i rent off...what are they actually doing?

a percentage goes to the police. i have not used the police recently. Now call me a little extreme here but i have a theory. I have been caught speeding twice. So if i forget about the tax for a second, i have actually paid £150 ( i was a day late paying the seond fine so they smacked an extra £30 on top) for the privilege of the police fining me and putting 6 points on my license...not to mention the tax i pay for their wages...

£150 plus the tax...i could have bought something useful, maybe against crime prevention....

i just had another thought...i'm downloading stuff for free...isn't that piracy?
    so that's where my money goes...trying to track me down!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    BANNED
    pay,forget it.

The council had me a few yrs ago m8 your not alone...in the end they start'd attachin from my wages through the company i worked for.They always get u one way or another

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+10 April 2004 - 09:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 10 April 2004 - 09:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 11:23
    Just received a letter from the council demanding that I pay them 60 quid straight away or risk facing court proceedings.&nbsp; What fun&#33;

The bill dates back to six years ago when I lived with my "friend" Karl.&nbsp; I paid my half of the bill but he, even though he was working, never paid a penny of it.&nbsp; So now lucky me gets to pay it, I know from my experience as a volunteer that I am liable for Karl&#39;s half of the bill even though I paid my side of the bill.

I&#39;ll pay it as I have no choice, hopefully they&#39;ll be willing to accept payment in installments...but really did they need to send it for Easter weekend, way to ryuin my whole weekend.

Cheers PCC.

That seems fair. [/b][/quote]
    He shouldn&#39;t be too hard to track as he is now a guest of Her Majesty...

@ck-uk: It looks like all I can do is pay it, hopefully they&#39;ll accept installments as I work as a volunteer. Though my current landlady has offered to lend me the money, bless her.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese+10 April 2004 - 11:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 10 April 2004 - 11:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@10 April 2004 - 09:45
    <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese
    @10 April 2004 - 11:23
    Just received a letter from the council demanding that I pay them 60 quid straight away or risk facing court proceedings. What fun&#33;

The bill dates back to six years ago when I lived with my "friend" Karl. I paid my half of the bill but he, even though he was working, never paid a penny of it. So now lucky me gets to pay it, I know from my experience as a volunteer that I am liable for Karl&#39;s half of the bill even though I paid my side of the bill.

I&#39;ll pay it as I have no choice, hopefully they&#39;ll be willing to accept payment in installments...but really did they need to send it for Easter weekend, way to ryuin my whole weekend.

Cheers PCC.

That seems fair.
    He shouldn&#39;t be too hard to track as he is now a guest of Her Majesty...

@ck-uk: It looks like all I can do is pay it, hopefully they&#39;ll accept installments as I work as a volunteer. Though my current landlady has offered to lend me the money, bless her. [/b][/quote]
    Tax Evasion ?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    He or she who has there name on the rent card has to pay i pay for my git son then have to try to get the money from him such a unfair tax

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Ella's Avatar Upside down
    I pay the equivalent of 520 pounds every six months to a council that doesn&#39;t even provide me with paved footpaths&#33;
    Up Yours! Love from The Club....

9. Lounge   -   #9
    BANNED
    Sorted then Withcheese.Hopefull she&#39;ll want something in return

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    The more I think about it the madder I get...

To add a little more insult to injury my landlord at that time who lived on top of us (and harrassed the feck out of us) is now a councillor for PCC. He recently left the Lib Dems after he verbally attacked (in the local paper) the students in our city for being untidy and for not paying council tax...

It back-fired on him though as it transpired that most of the people he had rented from had been, in fact, students. Actually that has cheered me up a little.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast