Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough Is A Fucking Nough

RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@10 April 2004 - 16:05
    and the fact is that this doesnt work - see many posts by haxor, and it does the opposite - stopping people posting when they have perfect right to
    Exactly, it still doesn't do its job... however even if it did I think there still would be warrant for complaint due to its prevention of legitimate posts from certain members.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    BANNED
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@10 April 2004 - 15:33
    Azzz, I think it's a great attempt. I've lost posts thru the anti spam as well, but the admin just don't appear to care about what the members want. It's been proven over and over the last few weeks.

In the meantime the members are not posting in droves. This used to be such a fun board, now I come less and less often because it gets more boring everyday. It's a real shame to see it go down this way.

that's what I tried to say in my conspiracy theory, but no one listens. The admins don't really care

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    BANNED
    367 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
    266 guests, 93 members 8 anonymous members

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by zapjb@10 April 2004 - 16:51
    What does antispam do? Does it stop one posting every 3 seconds so as to think between posts?
    That would be flood control

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@10 April 2004 - 17:21
    I removed my guides till I get a answer
    i also just decided to remove my dc++ guide for the time being

maybe we will get some answers soon from admins as to whats going on
    Open your mind

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Out of The Ordinary
    Email and PM sent to Marc, only He can remove the anti-spam script.

BOT

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Poster
    Chaps

I think you will find you have changed from being members of a board, to users of a service.

Members make decisions together and the admin listen to what everyone wants. Users do that, they use the service that is being provided to them.

One can only assume by the lack of even a response (far less action) that the board administrators and mods really don't care whether you stop using their service or not.

One has to wonder why this is. Presumably they see the board as being something for a different group of people. Perhaps one with disposable income. If that is the case the board was only "acquired" as something to start from, rather than starting from scratch. If you look at the changes over the last few weeks, this seems apparent.

I for one will remain, as I am curious with regard to where they are going with this. I find the spam thing is not a problem. It only ever bothers me when I preview posts, so I don't do that any more.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@10 April 2004 - 15:56
    Email and PM sent to Marc, only He can remove the anti-spam script.

BOT
    well thanks i guess BOT

somehow i cant see him taking any notice of even that
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    Site Owner
    First I just want to say something. I am the Main admin here now. In the last 3 weeks since I got here I have tried to do all i could to satisfy members. I have combined folders, reorganized things and have changed a lot of little things to the requests of members. I feel that I have worked hard to try to respond to every members concerns. I did not implement the spam feature. Marc (7th) did. I will try to see what i can do to deactivate it. Posting messages like the one below calling us idiots and the board a piece of shit is really not the way to go about getting things done.

i have spoken to several members today and they are all leaving, in the owners shitty attempt to make the board a better place, it has ended up worse than ever before.

now people take a good look at this and decide if keeping some shiity piece of software which dosent work, is more important than the members who come here.

if the members are found to be less important than the entire control of the board here are IDIOTS.

do not move or close this topic because i will create more until you idiots get the message
    I am working hard trying to get in contact with Marc and trying to straighten your concerns out. Please don't remove your guides, as this is just going against everything you guys are fighting for., a community of information. I have 100 different people suggesting 100 different things. Its not as easy as you think to get everything organized and satisfy all.

Changes I am trying to do:

Allow only memebrs to view verified hashes, and remove the antispam feature. Please don't PM me cursing me off or telling me I'm an idiot, as I have just taken over the board in the last few weeks and have been very busy trying to get everything fixed, switched over, and improved. I am trying my best to satisfy you all, but don't have all the time in the world. Please be patient as I am working my ass off right now.

Brian

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@10 April 2004 - 17:44
    First I just want to say something. I am the Main admin here now. In the last 3 weeks since I got here I have tried to do all i could to satisfy members. I have combined folders, reorganized things and have changed a lot of little things to the requests of members. I feel that I have worked hard to try to respond to every members concerns. I did not implement the spam feature. Marc (7th) did. I will try to see what i can do to deactivate it. Posting messages like the one below calling us idiots and the board a piece of shit is really not the way to go about getting things done.

i have spoken to several members today and they are all leaving, in the owners shitty attempt to make the board a better place, it has ended up worse than ever before.

now people take a good look at this and decide if keeping some shiity piece of software which dosent work, is more important than the members who come here.

if the members are found to be less important than the entire control of the board here are IDIOTS.

do not move or close this topic because i will create more until you idiots get the message
    I am working hard trying to get in contact with Marc and trying to straighten your concerns out. Please don't remove your guides, as this is just going against everything you guys are fighting for., a community of information. I have 100 different people suggesting 100 different things. Its not as easy as you think to get everything organized and satisfy all.

Changes I am trying to do:

Allow only memebrs to view verified hashes, and remove the antispam feature. Please don't PM me cursing me off or telling me I'm an idiot, as I have just taken over the board in the last few weeks and have been very busy trying to get everything fixed, switched over, and improved. I am trying my best to satisfy you all, but don't have all the time in the world. Please be patient as I am working my ass off right now.

Brian
    Thankyou for your reply rookie. We do understand that you are working hard, but we had requested and complained about this before to no avail. Could this perhaps be prioritized over some of the smaller tasks so we can get some of our members back?

Thanks

Andy

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast