Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough Is A Fucking Nough

Poster
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@10 April 2004 - 17:07
    Listen, PMing 7th will not do much. He is not very active any longer. Like I said I am the one incharge now. In your post you stated you Pmed all the admins about this before posting we were idiots. This is incorrect as you didn't pm any of us.

I am trying to figure out this spam feature but since 7th implemented it I am unsure exactly what it is. Does anyone know anything about it besides it being a feature to avoid spam scripts like Azz just pointed out?

Brian
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...=0&#entry932227
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #52
    Site Owner
    yes well we all look forward to when that actually happens 

i would not have had to make any type of remark if we were all just listened to in the first place, see it took a comment like that just for you to reply in the thread didnt it.

now in future tell us about the changes, and let the community decide whether the changes should be implemented.

please remember that for the future and the board wil get along just fine, we might even get the members back we lost because of you bad forum control.
    Azz, do you even realize that I am not 7th? I've been here for a few weeks. What went on with the members and the other admin has no reflection on myself. You pmed 7th a complaint and since he didn;t respond you want to blame me? How do you figure. I have made several changes that members have asked me to, and have involved you all with polls. What do I have to admit bing wrong about? You were wrong when you said you pmed all the admins about this problem and got no response. You did not Pm the two main admins (Bot and myself0. Therefore we had no clue what you were talking about.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #53
    BANNED
    Hey Brian. Glad you're posting

First of all, just to get things straight, I am neither against or in favor of anyone/anything. Truth be told, I don't even understand what this anti-spam feature does. AFAIK, the only "feature" of this type was the 20 seconds delay between post and post. If someone is kind enough to elucidate this problem, please do.

Second, we ALL know that 7th is gone for a while, so why are you guys pm'ing him? You SHOULD pm Brian (or BOT), since he is the only one (in charge) that is able to make some changes here.

Third, even though we think this should be a democracy (it shouldn't be.... this is a forum not a country) because we are a community, this type of posts/replies almost tearing someone's head off makes me think of mobs. No matter what you do, the forum admin will do WHATEVER HE WANTS with the forum. It is up to us whether we ASK him NICELY to do some changes or just CONTRIBUTE (not demand&#33 with out opinions.

Fourth, internet life isn't the only life people have. If he hasn't answered, just be patient, he's probably busy.

I myself thought the KLB was gonna be a mess with the admin change. I was, however, mistaken. Brian has taken care of things in a very good way. He has handled situations in the right way (although some might disagree), yet this is the hardest thing: you CAN'T please everyone!

I shall close this reply by again saying that I am neither against or in favor of anyone/anything in this forum. I'm just a spectator, enjoying the ride.

DWk

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #54
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@10 April 2004 - 17:11
    yes well we all look forward to when that actually happens

i would not have had to make any type of remark if we were all just listened to in the first place, see it took a comment like that just for you to reply in the thread didnt it.

now in future tell us about the changes, and let the community decide whether the changes should be implemented.

please remember that for the future and the board wil get along just fine, we might even get the members back we lost because of you bad forum control.
    Azz, do you even realize that I am not 7th? I've been here for a few weeks. What went on with the members and the other admin has no reflection on myself. You pmed 7th a complaint and since he didn;t respond you want to blame me? How do you figure. I have made several changes that members have asked me to, and have involved you all with polls. What do I have to admit bing wrong about? You were wrong when you said you pmed all the admins about this problem and got no response. You did not Pm the two main admins (Bot and myself0. Therefore we had no clue what you were talking about.
    you say you have been here for weeks yes?

well thats exactly how long anti-spam has been active for

i smell a rat here
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #55
    Site Owner
    When I got here the antispam feature was in place. How long? I have no clue. Why the hell would I be lying to you? I was here since whenever my first post was. Probably 2 weeks or so.

Please relax and quit trying to start a fight here. I am working to get this thing resolved but may need Marcs help.

Brian

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #56
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I havent said a word, minime.

However I do know the feature was here before Brian took over.

And I also know he was trying to disable it before you started this thread...because The Team had already requested for it to be removed.

The problem is getting hold of 7th, so............ please stop attacking Rookie?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #57
    Anti Spam?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #58
    Poster
    I have not got anything about anti-spam... Ever.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #59
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@10 April 2004 - 19:24
    I havent said a word, minime.

However I do know the feature was here before Brian took over.

And I also know he was trying to disable it before you started this thread...because The Team had already requested for it to be removed.

The problem is getting hold of 7th, so............ please stop attacking Rookie?
    I agree.

It really is getting rather petulant. Give the chap a chance to sort it. If any of you technical chaps can help then why not make sensible suggestions.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #60
    BANNED
    I would try to help if I knew what the anti-spam thing is.... anyone get a screenshot or whatever...

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast