Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winamp Problem.....

Im using the latest release (5.03a) and when I play a certain folder, the whole Winamp freezes. When I play a certain individual MP3, it freezes again. This doesnt happen to all my MP3s, but like I said, for example, I have the Kill Bill Vol. 2 soundtrack: the playlist is open so I click on a track and it plays, but when I click on another track from the album, the song plays but the Winamp freezes and crashes. The audio files are MP3s, not WAV or anything else, plus I've ran MP3 Sheild and the MP3s that make the Winamp crash are not corrupted.
    So, how can I fix this problem? Im tired of the Winamp constantly freezing and crashing, and I know for a fact that my computer doesn't cause it to crash....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Try playing the mp3s in a different player? Windows Media Player, BS Player, QCD Player, etc...
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I've found Winamp to be superior over BS Player, Windows Media Player, and so on to play MP3s.

The only worthy successor is FooBar...

In short, Im only playing my MP3s in Winamp. So, I need this problem fixed cuz its annoying the hell out of me.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    No, what I meant was to try playing them in a different player and see if it causes the same problems...
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ok, I've tried the other players out.

It doesnt have the same problem, so there is something wrong with the Winamp....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    Just a recommendation...i got rid of Winamp and now use QCD....one of the best on the market for MP3"s..in my opinion B)

http://www.quinnware.com/
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Have you tried uninstalling Winamp and reinstalling it?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    WinAMP is sooooo overrated.

:music1: Listening to Music on 5.03. :music1:

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    use an older version of winamp, 2.91 never fucks up
    yeah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast