Thread: Problem With Bittorrent...

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I've been using the Shadow Client for the last six months with absolutely no troubles whatsoever. I have the latest version which I have been using for a couple of months, again with no troubles.

Last week I bought a new HD and installed it and also installed NOD32 and Zone Alarm instead of Norton Internet Security.

Since then I have started getting troubles. My downloads just freeze for no reason, they will download for a couple of hours then just stop dead.

When they are working I get top speeds, if I restart them they work fine for a while.

Are any of the things I have changed about my setup known to cause conflicts with BT?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    How many seeds and peers are you connected to ??? If only 1 seed then there is only 1 complete file and you can get that as fast as he can give it. Especialy if a lot of ppl. are trying to get the same file...

Try to disable your zone alarm firewall and if that works. you might have to allow your port your using access to the net... Make sure your built in xp firewall is off.

I honestly think that it is the number of seeds your connected to that is the problem... You could try to download a file with a lot of seeds to see if it works faster...

The problem is that a lot of clients seed to all the peers at the same time so you are all at the same % of the file...When you shut it down they get more than you have, and start back up they are uploading the file to you...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    holy shit dude. that's the same exact prob i have!!! omg!! u have nod32 too? could it be that that's messing it up? try disabling it. mine does that too, it disconnects ever few hours, and once i turn bt off, everything goes back to normal

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Rizindon's Avatar Poster
    i had the same prob uljust have uninstall and reinstall again

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ok. i found the solution. i uninstalled nod32, and went back to good old norton, and the prob is gone. . i was recommended nod32, but guess it sucks ass. it works now. all my torrents work now. try it. don't use nod32, use another av

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    i have nod32 and my download are fine

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I ahd the same problem with shadows, works fine since i switched to ABC

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Originally posted by Benno@11 April 2004 - 09:28
    I ahd the same problem with shadows, works fine since i switched to ABC
    yea, i think shadow's has a prob with nod32. i just dled for 10hrs straight on painkiller, and no probs at all. nod32 sucks. long live norton!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Looks like it was Shadow and NOD32 clashing because I uninstalled the AV and everything has been fine. It's a shame I really liked the look of NOD32 but I'm not quite ready to give Shadow up yet as it serves me so well still.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    yea. so 4 all u folks out there who heard nod32 is good, don't use it if u use bt. and if u do, disable the backgrnd scanning thing, and then dl. since the thing takes so little resources (300kb for me), most ppl leave it on all the time, and it fucks up their internet