Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cpu-parts.com/mini Pc

I was looking at getting a mini pc. my friend has one but i what ur guys opinion if i should buy one or if a mini pc is worth it cause id like to be able to move it easly. also i was think of buying one from here http://www.cpu-parts.com/english/us/index.php has anyone bought from them or know anything about them cause they have some good prices on mini pc's

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    have never tried one, but I know I wouldn't get one, you would most likley never be able to overclock any components very high or anything, not much room for airflow in those things....
    that's what i assume anyway, i could be wrong
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@10 April 2004 - 21:16
    have never tried one, but I know I wouldn't get one, you would most likley never be able to overclock any components very high or anything, not much room for airflow in those things....
    that's what i assume anyway, i could be wrong
    ya youre right that they have bad airflow and probably shouldnt be overclocked.

but if you just want it for everyday use and wont be overclocking it then you should be perfectly fine with them. there nice and lite so you can move them around places which is neat.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    im rinning on a miniPC rite now. one of the 3 bays is taken up by a water-cooling reservoir. the other 2 are DVD burners. hell i could overclock (but if u look at my aquamark scores u could see that there isnt realy a reason for me to do so )

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ati what mini pc are you useing? I've never seen a mini pc with 3 bays btw how many pci and agp slots are in your

Also anyone know anything about that site?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by freak@10 April 2004 - 23:12
    ati what mini pc are you useing? I've never seen a mini pc with 3 bays btw how many pci and agp slots are in your

here is a picture of the case w/ 3 bays which you inquired about.

mine has windows lol

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by atiVidia+11 April 2004 - 06:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia @ 11 April 2004 - 06:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-freak@10 April 2004 - 23:12
    ati what mini pc are you useing? I&#39;ve never seen a mini pc with 3 bays btw how many pci and agp slots are in your

here is a picture of the case w/ 3 bays which you inquired about.

mine has windows lol [/b][/quote]
    Nice never seen one with 3 bays... How tight are the components pact? so how do u like it would u recommend a mini pc? I&#39;m think about getting this one http://www.cpu-parts.com/english/us/viewse...?id=135&catid=2
    i don&#39;t plan on doing any OCing also i&#39;m not sure if i should trust that site but the prices seem great.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ati?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by freak@11 April 2004 - 15:16
    ati?
    lol sorry i was out (todays easter).

the comp u have selected is ok, but the gfx solution is rather poor. with a monitor and a semi-decent gfx card, it would total under 1000.

plus, its more fun to build it urself&#33; thus
    • i suggest looking here for a good SFF case
    • im not sure if it supports prescott, but if it does, u should get this
    • wait til the end of june/july for a good gfx card (all in wonder x800 pro)
    • when it comes to RAM, u need dual channel. get the highest u can afford, within the limits of the mobo. (speed, size [limited to 2 gigs, 1 gig per stick on SFFs]) go here for help (@ lamsey, this guide has been a BIG help to most evry1 coming here. congrats.)
    • HDD: i cant load the barebone page myself (st00pid f_cked up router ) but im sure it supports SATA, so get a raptor (ull need it for media applications) put ur OS (windoze or linux, ur pick) onto this drive
    • i dont think the comp has a floppy slot, so it mite have another slot for a hdd. fill this with a 250gig sata drive. this will be the drive that records the TV crap.
    • i think the set has 2 slots: AGP and PCI. AGP well save for l8r as sed b4. however, PCI could be filled with a sexy audigy 2 zs gamer (comes with 5 free games, including Halo).
    • DVD burner 8x. get it from sony cuz theirs just looks cooler
    • Heatsink (the CPUs on the sites listed in the link carry the chips OEM i think): get something small. i dont think that ull be OCing anways, plus u cant fit anything too big. this is up to your discretion, but i may recommend going
      here.
    • monitor: a plasma screen (+2500 to your total costs ) if u cant afford that (hell i cant ) u can choose whatever is in ur budget.
    • speakers: whatever u can afford, but at least make it 5.1 surround to take advantage of some of the sound card&#39;s abilities

i hope i didnt miss anything.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    ati, weren&#39;t you complaining about your SFF case earlier, FFS?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast