Thread: Internet Explorer Spam Problem

Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Has anyone heard of a company called ad pepper media?

every time i open up IE i get some spam operated by this site. link to company - http://www.adpepper.com/en/

I dont know how i managed to install it, or which software it came with. I've scanned my system with adaware and have my firewall settings at maximum, but still get this crap each time i start IE.

There are no active X controls or browser plugins it operates from, thats way i'm puzzled.

Any ideas?
    Robert00000

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    The HOSTS file is your friend.

Just enter the url.
    I know it at least has this entry.
    Code:
    adpepper.dk
    I'm currently working on a more comprehensive version, but it'll block that kind of crap, and lots of it.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Maybe try Hijackthis?
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its the e-mail spam thats driving me nut&#39;s . I&#39;m using Mozilla, pop ups don&#39;t seem as bad when browsing really.

Edit My wife likes IE so we have both installed.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    h1
    Click on the word "Security" in my sig, download CWShredder, Hijack This, XCleaner, Spybot-S&D, Ad-aware, and a partridge in a pear tree.