Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Client?

Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+14 April 2004 - 21:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power &#064; 14 April 2004 - 21:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by mEtho@14 April 2004 - 06:56
    <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power
    @12 April 2004 - 00:21
    azureus is based on java. it takes up more resources and the speeds are slow and u can&#39;t configure much

i dont think u have tried Az otherwise u whouldnt have made these comments ( java programs has always been light as fuck)
    i&#39;ve used azureus. it&#39;s a good client, but it hogges more resouces than shadows [/b][/quote]
    No you haven&#39;t really otherwise you would&#39;ve known it has the most features of all the Bittorrent clients.

It has (amongst other things):
    • Integrated Tracker (VERY handy&#33
    • Automatic Seeding Rules (e.a. how much you want to seed etc.)
    • Queueing of downloads
    • Catagorizing of downloads
    • Remote Web Interface
    • Automatic saving of torrents etc.
    • Torrent Creation
    • Very detailed info on torrents
    • Active Sharing of complete Folders (just like Kazaa only through Bittorrent)
    • Lots of options of setting the amount of connections, ports, etc
    The only thing it doesn&#39;t have is bandwidth per torrent option, which the developers of Azureus deem &#39;unfair&#39; (but you can still set your seeding amount through the seeding rules)

So contrary to what you say, I dare say that Azureus has the most options of all Bittorrent clients&#33;

As for resource hog, you should use the latest Java JRE. Then it doesn&#39;t use more resources than ABC or mutliple Shadow&#39;s windows.

edit: zpelling
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster
    i fully agree with NotoriousBIC, and it may seem weird but am i supposed to have azureus in task manager? dont see it only java, thats a plus

also whihc BIC didnt say, least didnt think he did, was that az has loads of plugins, multiport is ahndy, lets you connect to multiple ports on a single torrent, very popular torrents have multports, east game does i believe

country locator, peer guardian, suprnova lister, hmm what else *looks on az site* hmm and a BT IRC bot, ill have to look into that one,i think it displays your speeds on irc , wait just loked, yuo can control azureus from irc, gotta try that

plus there are some "home-brew" plugins that ive seen

U RNT LEET LIKE ME&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;11111111111111

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Originally posted by the mask@11 April 2004 - 23:34
    abc does it for me
    yup same here abc

but try everything to see which one works you

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster
    Right next to the weapons of mass destructions
    the best client around

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;
    - danyj</span></span></span>

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by danyj@21 April 2004 - 22:29
    the best client around
    I don&#39;t know whether its best but i use it and its very good.

In having its own tracker azures does sound interesting but i would need a better reason to change clients.
    Wiz.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    anyone ever use the upnp client?

(its been my favorite since november)

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    I use Shadow and Azureus depending on what my needs are...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@21 April 2004 - 21:25
    i fully agree with NotoriousBIC, and it may seem weird but am i supposed to have azureus in task manager? dont see it only java, thats a plus
    That IS Azurues moose

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1+21 April 2004 - 22:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizard_Mon1 &#064; 21 April 2004 - 22:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danyj@21 April 2004 - 22:29
    the best client around
    I don&#39;t know whether its best but i use it and its very good.

In having its own tracker azures does sound interesting but i would need a better reason to change clients. [/b][/quote]
    The only way I find my reasons is by trying several clients.
    I&#39;ve never found these kind of threads any helpful in deciding which one is best.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123