Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: My Desktop

Poster
    You have the most cluttered system tray I have ever seen. You really want to think about whether you need all of that loaded in memory, it can't be doing your speeds any good.

There appear to be 4 network connections. 3 of which are not working.

Seriously, you want to have a look at the number of things which are opening automatically and running in the background. If you don't actually need them to be there then tell them not to open until you want them.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Not bad really. From the right: Laptop Touchpad, ???, Battery, WinAmp, Norton, RealPayer, ???, Volume, crap got to go, bell rang....

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Expire's Avatar Problem solved...
    Originally posted by djweiser@11 April 2004 - 19:22
    Heres a pic of mine...

3MB Bitmap

whats yours like?

Aint had one of these threads for ages
    good old explorer, in a leage of its own

4. Lounge   -   #34

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]+12 April 2004 - 11:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([O][T] @ 12 April 2004 - 11:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ziggyjuarez@12 April 2004 - 11:54
    why do you guy&#39;s keep the shortcut arrows?

They don&#39;t know how to remove them

BOT
    [/quote]
    How do you remove them?

6. Lounge   -   #36
    look it up on yahoo,im not that good with computers but i learned real fast how to do it,you have to delete some stuff from the regestry.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Winamp: Options > preferences > File Types > Uncheck Enable Winamp agent.

MSN: Tools > Options > General > uncheck Automatically run Messenger at startup.

Realplayer: Don&#39;t use it but I image it would be something along the lines of Option or preferences and there will be a way to uncheck startup media center at boot up. (Or just install the piece of crap )

Connections: Goto network connections and delete the ones you don&#39;t use (Be careful. Do not delete them unless you know you don&#39;t need them)

Alternatively double right click them goto properties and uncheck Show icon in notification area.

Printer well you could of been printing at the time but if you were not im sure there will be an option to get it out of your system tray.

That&#39;s as many as I recognise but with the remaining im sure you will find an option to not get them to load up at system startup. MSCONFIG can help and you can also hide the icons like Norton, volume control etc using customise notifications option by right clicking the toolbar.

Hope this helps

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    You might want to get that addy off.

9. Lounge   -   #39

10. Lounge   -   #40

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast