Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uh Oh

Hey guys,
    i got a prob and i'm really confused on what it could be...
    okay, so my pc has been on all day alright? and since i turned it on this morning, it has randomly restarted twice. just while I am surfing the net, and last time while typing some shit in word, and i have no idea why.
    it just restarts with no warning at all, today is the first day it's happened too
    havnt installed any new devices,
    havn't updated/changed any drivers,
    and it's not the over temp protect thing cuz my cpu hasn't even reached 50 all day and i have my temp protect on 70 i believe....
    so does anyone know why my comp is being retarted and just randomly restarting on me?!?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virus...spyware...new updates...virtual memory... could be a number of things. Best thing to do would be to make a checklist. Does it restart after being on so long? Cause then it be a hidden prog running.

Try start your computer w/ only a few things running. Start> Run> msconfig> Startup> Disable All and then pick only what you need running.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@10 April 2004 - 03:35
    Hey guys,
    i got a prob and i'm really confused on what it could be...
    okay, so my pc has been on all day alright? and since i turned it on this morning, it has randomly restarted twice. just while I am surfing the net, and last time while typing some shit in word, and i have no idea why.
    it just restarts with no warning at all, today is the first day it's happened too
    havnt installed any new devices,
    havn't updated/changed any drivers,
    and it's not the over temp protect thing cuz my cpu hasn't even reached 50 all day and i have my temp protect on 70 i believe....
    so does anyone know why my comp is being retarted and just randomly restarting on me?!?
    have u played with any thing inside ur case at all?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@9 April 2004 - 23:48
    Virus...spyware...new updates...virtual memory... could be a number of things. Best thing to do would be to make a checklist. Does it restart after being on so long? Cause then it be a hidden prog running.

Try start your computer w/ only a few things running. Start> Run> msconfig> Startup> Disable All and then pick only what you need running.
    i've done most of that already, other then measure the time intervals between restarts
    i've already done msconfig and disabled all except what i need as i was just doing some benchmarks earlier today and only wanted as little as possible running
    also removed all spyware before benches, did a full defrag of both drives, and did a full system virus scan, so my comp is completely healthy....

@gungrave - of coarse , but nothing to make my comp randomly restart...
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    You get any error when it restarts?
    Go into your bios and check you voltage and see if any are off. Im sertain that if they are too far off, it'll shut it down.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Disable the Automatic Restart.

Start>Right click on 'My Computer'>select Properties>Advanced tab>Startup and Recovery-settings>Remove the checkmark from: [ ] Automatically Restart and click 'ok'.

Now instead of the computer restarting you will get an error message to solve the trouble.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    mine randomly restarted when i ripped the wire for my hard drive. check that.
    all so my bros been saying his has been restarting randomly he says hes broken his ram lol

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I use to have that problem kaiweiler, it drove me up the wall as I tried everything from formatting - underclocking to swapping the PSU.
    It turned out to be bad drivers on my cable modem.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Ya when it restarts it's actually a blu screen o death if you don't auto restart u will get error details
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@10 April 2004 - 00:25
    Disable the Automatic Restart.

Start>Right click on 'My Computer'>select Properties>Advanced tab>Startup and Recovery-settings>Remove the checkmark from: [ ] Automatically Restart and click 'ok'.

Now instead of the computer restarting you will get an error message to solve the trouble.
    alright, i just did this, and it just restarted anyway! no error or anything...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast