Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Xp Login

Poster
    i have windows xp pro and when i loging to my computere at the welcome screen it just sort of hangs after i type my password for about a minute then it gets past a welcome screen i dont know y this is happening but i saw that threre was a patch to fix this but it says u hav to call microsoft to get it im not sure if i should call them seeing as my copy of windows is not legit is there any other way to fix this ?

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Okay, if someone said you have to call Microsoft, they're lying.

All patches are available through Windows Update.

It may just be hanging because of your user settings. It has to load all the settings at that time. You may have too much in startup.

Or for example if you use an intense program to change the entire GUI, such as stardock's Window Blinds.

RegSeeker allows you to see and control what starts up, and allows you to make several tweaks as well as clean the registry.

I think it's just system maintenance really.

Oh, and don't call Microsoft... ever... for whatever reason.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    ill try regseeker and i reduced startup programs from msconfig but i read on the microsoft website saying u need to call to abtain the patch

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Well, taking stuff out of startup should help, but I&#39;ve never heard of this patch.
    As a warning, be careful it&#39;s the legit site because there are sites that work off typing errors, such as "micorsoft.com" instead of "microsoft.com"

If it turns out you need some miracle patch, try Autopatcher XP
    It has a lot of patches (I think all as of february) and tweaks.

If all else fails, google it. There would have to be something out there to help you.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Just curious, what spec is your computer?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    i tried regseeker it didnt work, i have a amd duron 1ghz 512ddrram 80gb hdd

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by OnYx@12 April 2004 - 00:58
    i tried regseeker it didnt work, i have a amd duron 1ghz 512ddrram 80gb hdd
    Has it ever loaded without hanging?
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    yea this started happening about a month ago before everything was fine

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by OnYx@12 April 2004 - 01:03
    yea this started happening about a month ago before everything was fine
    How many items do you still have in msconfig?
    What programs have you added recently?

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    About the time this started, did you just install Service Pack 1?

-- Xero Grid --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast