Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Guys Are Always Such A Great Help, Thought I'd

Just wanna say thanks for everytime you guys help me out, I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to computers and it's really great getting some expert help. Anyways, I just downloaded sim city 4 through bit torrent, wow, WAY better than kazaa lol. Thing is, when I get halfway through the installation the wizard says, please insert cd 2. I do have cd2, but unfortunately it's on my harddrive and I don't have a cd burner to make a copy and actually install it that way. I have heard that there are cd faker programs around. I would like to know, which program you guys feel is the best and if maybe you walk me through the process of doing so, thanks again guys, I really appreciate all your help!

2. Games   -   #2
    Double Agent
    "cd faker programs" rofl....if that helps...

It's called cd image emulation program, learn the terms

Daemon Tools

i dont think i need to say more

3. Games   -   #3
    he emulator you recommended works great except now I havbe a new problem with Daemon tools. I installed the game no problem, but now it says I need thew cd , I have the virtual drive but it's in drive E(the virtual one) what I need to do is make a virtual CD so I can put it on my D drive so the game will work, any suggestions?

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by HowlingMadMurdockPart2@11 April 2004 - 21:13
    he emulator you recommended works great except now I havbe a new problem with Daemon tools. I installed the game no problem, but now it says I need thew cd , I have the virtual drive but it's in drive E(the virtual one) what I need to do is make a virtual CD so I can put it on my D drive so the game will work, any suggestions?
    actually all i think you need to do is mount the image you made to the drive...
    right click your virtual drive and see if you can say mount, then browse to your image file and hit okay
    that's how it works with clonecd virtual drive, not sure about daemon tools
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

5. Games   -   #5
    That's what I did, but the prob is that the only drives I can make are from e to z. The game needs the cd in D drvie to make it work, I just need to get it into D drive and I should be golden

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by HowlingMadMurdockPart2@12 April 2004 - 00:19
    That's what I did, but the prob is that the only drives I can make are from e to z. The game needs the cd in D drvie to make it work, I just need to get it into D drive and I should be golden
    Why not just change where the game wants the CD from?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Games   -   #7
    That's sound like an excellent idea, perhaps one of you could tell me how to do it? As I said in my original post, "idiot when it comes to computers"

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by HowlingMadMurdockPart2@12 April 2004 - 00:29
    That's sound like an excellent idea, perhaps one of you could tell me how to do it? As I said in my original post, "idiot when it comes to computers"
    Can you clarify a few things for me, please...?

You have one real CD and one CD which is on your computer. Your CD drive is called D drive and your virtual drive (with Daemon) is called E drive. You are installing the game, the first disc is the real CD (from D drive) and the second disc is "in" the virtual drive (drive E)?

Is that right?
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Games   -   #9
    What it is is this.. I have 2 downloaded images(cd1 and cd2) for simcity 4 on my harddrive. Using Daemon tools, I installed the game, daemon tools created a virtual drive called drive E:. I have a real drive called drive D:. WHat I need to do is somehow get the game to run from E: drive or move the virtual drive CD into my real(D drive. Hope that clears it up

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    Right....

So, you've fully installed the game now?
    And when you try to run it, it asks for you to put the CD in?
    If this is the case, it sounds like you need a NO-CD crack (it should be on the first disc, in a folder called "crack"). Copy the .exe file from the crack folder and paste it into the folder you installed the game in (something like C:\Program Files\Sim City 4). If you've done it right, windows should pop up saying "are you sure you want to overwrite this file" or something similar.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast