Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator Kerry

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    It seems that the Senator for Mass. is can never seem to make up his mind. Story Here The best part about this whole thing is he's quoted as saying: I threw away my medals and 8 or 9 of them, now he says I never said medals I said ribbons. This guy could be a bigger phony than Clinton.

Here's my favorite part of the whole thing:

"Back then, you know, ribbons, medals were absolutely interchangeable. ... The U.S. Navy pamphlet calls them medals, we referred to them as the symbols, they were representing medals, ribbons."

And this is far from the first incident where he done this sort of thing. He did the same thing last week.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    muchspl2 there are quite a few people who will do just that. Some of which are in my family and we argue about that regally, I just can't understand it.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Kerry has 3 Purple Hearts...

Have they found anyone that met Bush in the National Guard yet?

Its bad enough that he pulled strings to get into a non combat unit to AVOID going to Vietnam, but to not even turn up for that makes him lower than shit in my book...

Thats not counting the actual intense dislike i have for the "man" (used in the broadest possible terms) for his policies....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@26 April 2004 - 16:34
    muchspl2 there are quite a few people who will do just that. Some of which are in my family and we argue about that regally, I just can't understand it.
    I not political, but look at all these bullshit laws we have
    FCC crackdown link
    patariot act link
    among the greatest problems
    false info on the wmd, could go on forever but don't want to debate it
    neither of us will change anyone minds

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@26 April 2004 - 16:50
    Kerry has 3 Purple Hearts...

Have they found anyone that met Bush in the National Guard yet?

Its bad enough that he pulled strings to get into a non combat unit to AVOID going to Vietnam, but to not even turn up for that makes him lower than shit in my book...

Thats not counting the actual intense dislike i have for the "man" (used in the broadest possible terms) for his policies....
    Rat I knew that was coming.

President Bush's military record isn't in question here.

What is in question is that John Kerry was quoted as saying one thing, then he bolded lies to the American public by saying something else. The Kerry campaign cried for the Bush administratration to release his records and they complied, Senator Kerry was also quoted saying that he wasn't going to do that either

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Rat I knew that was coming
    As well you should...why is this such a big issue with Bush supporters anyway?
    President Bush's military record isn't in question here.
    What military record?
    Inconsistencies as to their ultimate disbursal aside, Kerry at least HAD some medals.
    That is beyond dispute...

What is in question is that John Kerry was quoted as saying one thing, then he bolded lies to the American public by saying something else. The Kerry campaign cried for the Bush administratration to release his records and they complied, Senator Kerry was also quoted saying that he wasn't going to do that either
    Hmmm...says he'll do one thing and then does another....now who does that remind me of?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    When i cast my vote it won't have anything to do with who served where or didn't as the case may be.
    it will be for the person that i think will run the country in the most beneficial manner. It wouldn't be a surprise if the victor goes back on his word after but i will remember that in the next election.
    I want to know what the candidate will do to help with important things such as healthcare, the enviroment, employment and education (the list goes on).....i care not if he called his medals ribbons or if he didn't turn up to earn any in the first place.
    is it any wonder the rest of the world views us as they do when so much importance is placed on publicity for trivial items.
    i do enjoy funny stories about both candidates, however i wouldn't let mudslinging influence my choice....
    i would have taken a lighter view of this if it was in the lounge.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Clocker just imagine if Bush was to go out and say what Kerry did today, then imagine the uproar it would have caused in the media.

Why its such a big deal is because he continues to be so inconstant on issues its laughable. Here's my favorite of all time:
    I voted for the 87 million dollar deal before I voted against it
    And so what Kerry earned some medal in Vietnam. By winning medals does that qualify to be President of the US? Apparently he seems to think so.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@26 April 2004 - 21:40

And so what Kerry earned some medal in Vietnam. By winning medals does that qualify to be President of the US? Apparently he seems to think so.
    Hmmm. does being a drunken, preppy frat boy qualify one to be President?

Oh wait, yes it does.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast