Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irc Vs Bitorrent

i use Mirc just click. click. rightclick, and paste and the dl starts right away @ my max download speed. I hear everyone talking like bt is the shit so....... poll please?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    My vote for IRC. Bitt is too insecure
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I use both although generally BT is rather insecure compared to IRC unless your a member of a private community in which case BT can be better and easier to find stuff...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    totally for irc. bt is way to slow for me all the time, dunno why

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    BT / torrentz.com I never get any speed or connection problems with them, However I do with mIRC lol it should be the other way round I know.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i use bt cuz i have no ideaa how 2 use irc... like where 2 find files and stuff
    ftp pubs r also good

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    not entirely sure how irc is that much safer? surely you still give out an ip?

and isnt irc a one-way system? never used it, but i always thought everyone dled one at a time, whereas bt you all pool bandwidth.
    <insert signature here>

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I use both and I wouldnt place one above the other.

and isnt irc a one-way system? never used it, but i always thought everyone dled one at a time, whereas bt you all pool bandwidth.
    Yeah, from IRC you donwload from bots or servers. But they are pretty fast

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@15 April 2004 - 11:03
    You&#39;ve answered your own question...
    Most leech on one IRC and yes its one at a time, whereas BT is pooled with just about anybody on large sites such as SuperNova especially.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@15 April 2004 - 18:03
    Yes, you still give out an IP whilst on IRC, however, you&#39;re not giving your ip out to hundreds/thousands of users at a time. Also, how many people have you heard of who&#39;ve been sued or sent letters from their ISPs from sharing through IRC? I&#39;ve not heard of any, but I&#39;ve heard of a few through Bitt
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast