Thread: Donkeypreview V0.5beta

lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    i got donkey preview v0.5 beta and i have it installed. it shows up in my options under overnet lite & i thought i had it configured right. but when i right-click on a file that is downloading and choose "launch my app" nothing happens.

solutions?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Old Fella
    Have you set it to launch on click?

I prefer using Viedolan as can drop whole folder on to vlc.exe and will play what it can.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    yeah. i set it to open on click & i used the videolan exe.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by lee551@12 April 2004 - 17:05
    yeah. i set it to open on click & i used the videolan exe.
    thats correct. u need to restart ur client though else it wont show up. U also need to check that u have installed or copied the files to ur plugin folder in edonkey or whatever ur using.

Its pretty simple. When u right click on the file, go down to the plugin section and there should be a few options including preview direct or preview copy. If u chose the preview direct it should ask u which program u wish to run, chose whatever u want/have installed (in ur case videolan) and click ok. This should convert the file and open the preview program automatically.

edit. also check that ur path to ur videolan.exe is correct as this will make it not work.

there is also a new dll called previewenabled which makes it a priority to down the first and last bits of a movie clip (these are important to preview the file as they contain the codecs and other info). This is on the overnet.com site at the moment and works pretty well.
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    it seems i have it configured right. i restarted, tried a few different players. i dunno, i'll just give up. its not that big of a deal. maybe i'll get it eventually.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Old Fella
    Lee, to preview you can drag the folder where your file is being downloaded to straight on to the vlc.exe file and it will play what it can.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    yeah, i just realized this. i can play *.part files individually, and i dont need the stupid plugin