Thread: How Do You Use Cd Cracks?

threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Hi, i downloaded a game using bit torrent and it has a crack with i but it still says that it requires a CD...any ideas? can i use alcohol 120 or daemon to mount it? i can't find a suitable file to do that with tho.... :helpsmile:

2. Games   -   #2
    Originally posted by threelions00@12 April 2004 - 11:44
    Hi, i downloaded a game using bit torrent and it has a crack with i but it still says that it requires a CD...any ideas? can i use alcohol 120 or daemon to mount it? i can't find a suitable file to do that with tho.... :helpsmile:
    Have you applied the crack yet? If not explore the cd you downloaded and there wil be a folder called 'Crack' in there will be a .exe file the same as the one you double click the play the game. Right click this file and copy it then go to there you installed the game and find the file you are cracking, then in the folder paste the file you got from the cd. It should ask you if you want to replace the file, click yes.

@Rip The Jacker - Not sure if this complies with the rules...

@threelions00 - You should have read THIS sticky thread clearly titled about cracks first.

3. Games   -   #3
    what peerzyboy says is correct, most times. sometimes depending on who made the image as to what they called the crack. i noticed that devience sometimes calls the folder devience not crack. not sure about immersion though. here is easy way anyways. mount the cd that has the crack, (note this is not always cd1 with games that have 2+ cds). after you mount it go to my computer and find the drive with the mount. right click and hit explore. this will open up the disc so you can explore it once you find the crack right click on it and hit copy. now the crack generally will look the same as the desktop icon that the game created for you, but it will be a true .exe not a shortcut. now there are many ways to find the folder in which to put it but i always use this 1. go to the desktop shortcut that was created and right click on it. this will bring up a list of things. on the bottom is properties. hit properties and a new small window will pop up. near the bottom of this window there is a spot called find target. this is right beside change icon and advanced. now left click on FIND TARGET and a new folder will open. this is your installed folder for the game. generally all you need to do now is right click and paste the .exe that you copied earlier on. it will ask you if you want to overwrite the existing .exe, click YES. thats it, done. close all windows and play. (note, some games the .exe that you are replacing is inside a subfolder in the install folder so you may need to search until you find 1 that looks exactly like the 1 you copied, but this is rare. )