Saudi Arabia
    Russia and Chechnya
    Qatar
    Oman
    Pakistan
    Mexico
    Malaysia
    Libya
    What the US is doing in all this country …how gave the us the authority to be the world`s police to.

Do you want to convene me that all this people are “Tourism “ ... yah you will be a “Tourism" of you didnt Obey them ...

Why President John Kennedy was killed … simply just because he didn’t want the war.

5000 helicopter were sold by one company in Vietnam War …you can imagine the profit …don’t forget spare parts and maintenance .
    What the USA is still doing in IRQA … why US supported saddam until the 1998
    And why they supported binladden????????????

THE PEOPLE HOW ARE GOVERNING THE US ARE A BUNCH OF COMPNIE`S MANGERS HOW IS USING THERE POWER TO DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT …USING THE CAUSE THAT THEY MADE “11 OF SEPTEMBER” TO PENTRATE ANY PLACE …TO DO ANY THING THAT THEY WANT …OR WHO IS THE IDEOT THAT WILL BELIEVE THAT TWO GUYS WHO CAME FROM A CAVE AND READ A MANNULE FOR FLYING A PLANE WILL DRIVE A PLAN TO HIT IN THIS ACCOURETE WAY

they are using the TV to wash your minds people be carefull

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Every time a representative brings up the idea of getting the hell out someone from the opposite party screams ISOLATIONISM and that's the end of subject.
    With todays modern communications, you are hardly practicing isolationism by not having a physical presence in any local. :helpsmile:

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    "they are using the TV to wash your minds"
    I didnt know my TV served sanitary purposes.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    My first post was a flame and it got deleted. Rightly so I guess.

Let me say that this poster would have a point if it was more COHERENT!!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    I have suggested this before.

Let the USA leave every country in the world, other than their own. Remove every embassy, stop every aid programme, take US controlled jobs out of every other country.

Then close it borders for 10 years, no buying goods from foreign countries, no helping people, no foreign aid, no policing. No excuse for other people to commit atrocities on their soil.

See how the world gets on without them. I think we would hear a very different story then. I am sick of constant USA bashing, they are not perfect, but neither are they responsible for everybody else's problem.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    As hard as it is to believe it's a 2 way street and the USA needs the world especially the oil producing areas more than they need us.
    In answer to how the world would be if the USA shut itself off, yes it would be very different. As to the difference being good or bad will always be a matter of opinion, certainly US foriegn policy leaves something to be desired and it has been suggested in other topics that the US tends to intervene only when it suits us ... when we can benefit from it
    There is a fine line between helping, interfering and occupation. The trick is getting it right which even with the best intentions is almost impossible. The USA isn't responsible for everyone else's problems but it is for quite a few.
    We will throw fuel on the fire if it is to our benefit, and i think it is essential that the rest of the world is audible and keeps us in check if we do so for the sake of humanity, otherwise we will just become the thing that we are supposed to be opposed to the most..a dictatorship

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by J'Pol@30 March 2004 - 18:58

Let the USA leave every country in the world, other than their own. Remove every embassy, stop every aid programme, take US controlled jobs out of every other country.

Then close it borders for 10 years, no buying goods from foreign countries, no helping people, no foreign aid, no policing. No excuse for other people to commit atrocities on their soil.

See how the world gets on without them. I think we would hear a very different story then. I am sick of constant USA bashing, they are not perfect, but neither are they responsible for everybody else's problem.
    WOW!!!

(and that's from a foreigner)

We did try minding our business before WWII and BAM!!!...Pearl Harbor....the rise of Hitler.....

Unfortunately, if the US goes down, there will be much more anarchy than we create.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman+31 March 2004 - 00:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 31 March 2004 - 00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@30 March 2004 - 18:58

See how the world gets on without them. I think we would hear a very different story then. I am sick of constant USA bashing, they are not perfect, but neither are they responsible for everybody else&#39;s problem.
    WOW&#33;&#33;&#33;

(and that&#39;s from a foreigner)

We did try minding our business before WWII and BAM&#33;&#33;&#33;...Pearl Harbor....the rise of Hitler.....

Unfortunately, if the US goes down, there will be much more anarchy than we create. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m not a foreigner, you are.

Incidentally I always thought that Pearl Harbour was an attack by the Japanese forces, one lives and learns. I also believed it to be after Hitler&#39;s major activities in Europe, again a teaching point for me.

From what you say one would be led to suspect that the USA only joined in when it was attacked, rather than supporting it&#39;s allies.

Who on earth would become involved in a war when they had not themselves been attacked, but a friend had. Who would display that sort of loyalty.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    J&#39;Pol

I would agree that if the US adopted a strictly isolationist policy it would severely disrupt the world economy for some time. However, there would be a market of 5.7 billion outside this zone and only 0.3 within it. With US competition out of the way other businesses would have considerable scope to expand - it would certainly present the EU a gift wrapped opportunity. I think it would be a very brave US President that told Texaco and Coca Cola that they were not going outside the US boundaries anymore.

I can&#39;t get into a real lather about globalisation, but it would be a foolish government (or an extremely brutal one) that thought it could simply turn the economic tap off.

What would an isolationist US be like to live in? Well there may be more jobs (as all the stuff made outside would have to be made in the US) but petrol and other previously imported commodities would be expensive. The net effect would be an altogether slower economic cycle. This might please some.

One thing is for sure, the rich would stay rich and the poor would certainly still be poor. There was great wealth in the pre WW2 US but there was also grinding rural poverty. Isolationism served some but as a whole the country was underperforming. I think it would return to a similar position.

Of course, I am sure existing multi-nationals would, in reality, adjust their overseas businesses to get around any form of self imposed exile. US business is not in the world economy to win friends, it is there because there is serious money to be made.

:-"

I have to confess, I did not really understand the first post in this thread.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Biggles,

Agreed and see my last.

The post was not intended for the thinkers, more for those who spend their energy seeking scapegoats rather than solutions.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast