Thread: Internet Radio Station

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how to start up an Internet Radio Station. I want to know which software I need and I want to know if it's possible to make 2 people host a show, that are on 2 or more different PCs around the world.

Thanks,
    WYSIWYG Editor

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    Shoutcast

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Cool. Is it possible to make a few people host the show at once and all be live on the radio, on different PCs across North America and Europe?

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    http://oddsock.org is a cool site with lots of streaming tools

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Thanks for all the info. I just have one problem. How can I put this internet site on a server or my own PC so others can listen to it. I'm having problems doing that.

Thanks in advance!

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Normally you need to download a program, which you can find here, http://www.shoutcast.com/ All the necessary information you will be able to find on this website. After you have configured your station, you need to register it in their directory, so that listeners can find your station....and that's roughly it...there are quite a few different programs that you can use, such as the aforementioned or jetcast and others. Remember though, unless you use an external server, you will not be able to stream to many listeners.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    how would u go about setting up a TV stream?