Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Children Of Today

Poster
    a few hours ago a good friend of me and my family got taken away in a police car after he had thrown a knife at someone and it had hit the boy in the back, the boy was then taken away in a ambulance. The boy is 11 and its sickening to see something like this happen so close to my home. Its something you expect to hear on the news, i do not know what has become of the boy who got stabbed but he didn't look good.

What is this world comming to...

2. Lounge   -   #2
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Yup, at the risk of sounding like an old man, kids are nasty little bastards nowadays, personally I blame the parents for the most part and I don't wanna hear "They always blame the parents" crap, cos it's true!

I've had kids (13/14 threaten to "Burn me out" while I sleep, I've seen them smash stuff, burn things down and generally be tossers, they think it's funny, I know a gang of kids who gave me so much grief where I used to live and were 80% of the reason I moved, it was to the point where either I moved or I take the law in my hands. Even a copper told me to "Acidently fall into them......using my elbow" , I know this is'nt all kids obviously but take a look at bullies in schools, children comitting suicide because of other children making their lives hell, I really think they should bring back national service! (now that I've passed the age )

But I never used to do the stuff like they do now, all these bad things that happen here, my town is tiny and along the seafront on a friday night I used to see couples and families in the summer head along the prom for a walk, they would get to within view of a bunch of nasty kids and turn back

I could rant for hours about this but I have to say that cos of all these anti punishment laws sociaty is colapsing, I used to stay out of trouble for the most part cos I did'nt want to get the slipper at school then clouted when I got home, a mate has a 10 y/o son who said he would sue his own father if he hit him WTF??

Very sad

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    How old is your friend, marius?

EDit: unless he is "the boy" who is eleven, as opposed to "the boy" that got hit in the back. Confuzzling.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    the kids where i live aged between 11 and 15 are fkin rats! all they do is stand on street coners and smoke or throw eggs at your house (which i will get them back). I think child punishment should be brought back, parents and grandparents went through it and they are all fine so why shouldn't we?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by SnnY@12 April 2004 - 23:38
    How old is your friend, marius?
    the boy who got stabbed is in year 9 so i think he is aged about 13 or 14. The boy who threw the knife is 11

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Ah, was there intent behind it?

And if so, a motive?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    I wasn't there but the boy who threw the knife has always 'worked his ticket' and i assume he has done something and the situation got out of hand. I will post some more info when/if i find out

Jonno, Kids are getting out of hand, and if parents cannot punnish them what is there to stop them from worse happening?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by Marius24@12 April 2004 - 23:41
    I think child punishment should be brought back, parents and grandparents went through it and they are all fine so why shouldn't we?
    I agree, they say they stopped corperal punishment cos of child abuse, I'm sorry but if you're sick enough to beat the crap out of your child there's no law thats gonna stop you, all they've done is taken all disciplin away.
    Schools give a detention, the kid is given a note to take home for the parent to sign, what happens to the note? Gets thrown away on the way home, it's what I used to do Yet if you done something wrong when I was 8 or 9 you got smacked and you did'nt do it again

A kid can whack me with a stick or throw a bottle at me and get a telling off by a copper or their parents, but if I hit him back I get arested and charged with child abuse. And I'm not talking about 5 y/o's, I'm talking about kids who stand eye to eye with me, 14/16 y/o.

Aparently anyone under the age of 18 in the uk cannot be sent to trail as an adult, they are a minor, yet the uk legal driving age is 17, so acording to uk law we have 1000's of minors in charge of leathal weapons ie: Cars

Does'nt make sense to me

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I just thought, since the victim was a bigger kid, or at least older, that it might be some history behind it. Revenge for something or somesuch.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@13 April 2004 - 00:52
    Aparently anyone under the age of 18 in the uk cannot be sent to trail as an adult, they are a minor, yet the uk legal driving age is 17, so acording to uk law we have 1000's of minors in charge of leathal weapons ie: Cars
    Woohoo! I'm off to do me some murdering

btw, got me 11th driving lesson tomorrow

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast