Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Album Review

Poster
    Originally posted by blitz81388@15 April 2004 - 00:14
    Can I be in the group? B)
    Sure...the more the merrier. I'm just wondering how many others would be interested...?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Music   -   #12
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I like this idea I can give you some more Aussie talent for you to hear and others can do the same with their countries adn their styles

3. Music   -   #13
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by 4th gen+14 April 2004 - 11:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 14 April 2004 - 11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gutter@14 April 2004 - 03:14
    we got as far as a poll in musicworld last time someone&nbsp; &nbsp; wanted album reviews...
    Someone had this idea before and it didn&#39;t happen? [/b][/quote]
    yes, many times, and you&#39;ll find that very few people want to contribute to anything... lazy peeps, all of ya&#33; seriously, who wants the responsibility of keeping that in check? responsibility comes at a price...
    Proud member of MDS

4. Music   -   #14
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Yes i used to do album reviews everyday in the what are you listening to now thread...and the mods kept closing that thread...so i said fuck it...i wasnt gonna bother anymore...typical mods ruin everything for everyone...i wish i could of kept everything going...but seeing i can no longer get on the net that much and its at a shitty speed...i would love to of helped out jibbs with the distro room...and there&#39;s lots of other little projects people started but of course...once something gets started everyone becomes lazy and doesnt follow it through...but you can give it a shot...i cant get involved because i dont have the speed and the time to download shit music...but go for it and see what happens...

Laters
    Cely :music1:

5. Music   -   #15
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    OK we have decided that on Thursday night (Friday afternoon here in Aus) is when the new album review for the week will be done it will be reviewed by all of us members from teh soulseek community and anyone that wants to participate

now

an simple and easy Album to start us off to test how this will work

Artist Metallica

Title Black Album

1. Enter Sandman
    2. Sad but True
    3. Holier Than Thou
    4. The Unforgiven
    5. Wherever I May Roam
    6. Don&#39;t Tread on Me
    7. Through the Never
    8. Nothing Else Matters
    9. Of Wolf and Man
    10. The God That Failed
    11. My Friend of Misery
    12. The Struggle Within

6. Music   -   #16
    old school
    it seems we have already started slacking on this novel idea

I miss those old Crumbcat and Cely reviews in the "What music are you..." threads
    those were a great help in searching for new tunes&#33;

7. Music   -   #17
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@15 April 2004 - 22:04
    Yes i used to do album reviews everyday in the what are you listening to now thread...and the mods kept closing that thread...so i said fuck it...i wasnt gonna bother anymore...typical mods ruin everything for everyone...i wish i could of kept everything going...but seeing i can no longer get on the net that much and its at a shitty speed...i would love to of helped out jibbs with the distro room...and there&#39;s lots of other little projects people started but of course...once something gets started everyone becomes lazy and doesnt follow it through...but you can give it a shot...i cant get involved because i dont have the speed and the time to download shit music...but go for it and see what happens...

Laters
    Cely :music1:
    Well put Cely... anyway, Team OCR totaled just over 50 album rips, in about 4 months. Maybe that&#39;s alot, maybe not, but with over 20,000 members here, you would think it would be easy to find people who would be willing to cooperate and help. Instead I found a dozen peeps willing to help, but only 1 or 2 peeps that were willing help on any kind of regular schedule.

anyone remember the New Release List? It was updated daily with all the new 0day rips being shared in our SoulSeek room. After 90 days of doing it nearly everyday, I got bored and frustrated with it... It was a project that could have continued, but so few people showed interest...

anyway.. good luck trying to get the ball rolling... hope you guys have more success than I did...
    Proud member of MDS

8. Music   -   #18
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    tru jib

9. Music   -   #19
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    No.Some of us RIP alot of CDs.But to be part of your Club they have to be Ripped a Certain way.I guess I will go update that Thread with the newest CDs Ripped from me.

If 256 VBR is ok for you guys.

10. Music   -   #20
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@19 April 2004 - 10:02
    No.Some of us RIP alot of CDs.But to be part of your Club they have to be Ripped a Certain way.I guess I will go update that Thread with the newest CDs Ripped from me.

If 256 VBR is ok for you guys.
    I think the point was, that very few people were willing to contribute on any kind of regular basis. For OCR we wanted the CDs ripped a certain way, which is true, but its not important to this discussion.

I don&#39;t know why people don&#39;t contribute more... it is because they don&#39;t have the time? or the money/resources? bandwidth? I don&#39;t know.. could it be lack of interest? It seems all these suggestions make for novel ideas, though its much harder to put things into motion.

FC, in one way or another, you&#39;ve been a contributor to this forum/SS/ and more. Despite our differences in how things should be done, you still put forth more effort than most peeps on this forum. You are to be commended for your efforts... hope we find more like you... country boy.
    Proud member of MDS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast