Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ps2 Help

Does anyone know why my PS2 has suddenly stop playing games. Its about 2 Years old and it wont play anygames apart from Midnight Club II.

Thanks,
    Lee

2. Games   -   #2
    Mr friends PS2 did that except it wouldn't play any games, honest to god it was on the side hanging over and i walked pask and knocked it it feel to the floor onto carpit, now it works Its true

3. Games   -   #3
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@13 April 2004 - 13:49
    Mr friends PS2 did that except it wouldn't play any games, honest to god it was on the side hanging over and i walked pask and knocked it it feel to the floor onto carpit, now it works Its true
    perhaps not the best method to fix it ay

i think if you go to any video game store like Game they should be able to help in some way
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

4. Games   -   #4
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Azzz+13 April 2004 - 15:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 13 April 2004 - 15:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@13 April 2004 - 13:49
    Mr friends PS2 did that except it wouldn&#39;t play any games, honest to god it was on the side hanging over and i walked pask and knocked it it feel to the floor onto carpit, now it works Its true

i think if you go to any video game store like Game they should be able to help in some way [/b][/quote]
    I can just imagine...

You walk into GAME.
    You: Hello, my Playstation 2 I bought a couple of years ago has stopped working.
    Clerk: Whats wrong with it?
    You: It doesn&#39;t play any games, apart from Midnight Club 2
    Clerk suggests a ton of premium products for cleaning disks
    You: No thanks, is there anything else you can do?
    Clerk: Did you buy it from us?
    You: Well, no.
    Clerk: What the f**k do you want us to do then?

5. Games   -   #5
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+13 April 2004 - 14:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 13 April 2004 - 14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Azzz@13 April 2004 - 15:08
    <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy
    @13 April 2004 - 13:49
    Mr friends PS2 did that except it wouldn&#39;t play any games, honest to god it was on the side hanging over and i walked pask and knocked it it feel to the floor onto carpit, now it works Its true

i think if you go to any video game store like Game they should be able to help in some way
    I can just imagine...

You walk into GAME.
    You: Hello, my Playstation 2 I bought a couple of years ago has stopped working.
    Clerk: Whats wrong with it?
    You: It doesn&#39;t play any games, apart from Midnight Club 2
    Clerk suggests a ton of premium products for cleaning disks
    You: No thanks, is there anything else you can do?
    Clerk: Did you buy it from us?
    You: Well, no.
    Clerk: What the f**k do you want us to do then? [/b][/quote]
    i dont think i thought that one through
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

6. Games   -   #6
    Ive had my ps2 since 2000 and I started getting my DRE (Disc Read Errors) in 2002. I got almost 2 good years out of it after that. You need to clean the lense. Get a dvd lense cleaner, 5 bucks, and if that doesnt work youll have to open it up and clean it manually. This voids the warranty but it gets the job done. You can send it in to sony and have them clean it for the price of a new ps2 though

If after awhile cleaning the lense doesnt work (I cleaned mine every 2 weeks or so since the errors kept coming back) then you are doing the have to change the angle the lense reads the disc. Thats why when Peerzyboy knocked it, it fixed it. He nidge the lense over barely into a spot that it would read discs. There is a guide somewhere floating around but if you cant find it Ill be glad to help. B)
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

7. Games   -   #7
    BANNED
    Yep m8 the lasers probably not align&#39;d.I had a ps1 for yrs that would only work tilted on its one side

8. Games   -   #8
    For awhile I was playing my ps2 upside-down
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

9. Games   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@13 April 2004 - 16:49
    For awhile I was playing my ps2 upside-down
    It must be a thing with them.m8.One of my friends was the same.

10. Games   -   #10
    Lick My Lovepump
    Sony will send you a refurb, just make up some lies about it was a birthday present so you have no receipt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast