Thread: Graphics To Drench Your Senses

http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.html?i=21963

GV-N68U256VH / GV-N68128D
    Taipei, Taiwan, April 2004 - Gigabyte Technology Co. proudly announces the release of the market's highest speed graphics accelerators, the GV-N68U256VH and GV-N68128D. Powered by NVIDIA's latest highest-performing GeForce 6800 Ultra/6800 GPU, these cards deliver up to 8x the shading power of previous generation products for screaming gaming performance. The GV-N68 series guarantees the most is gained from a wide range of applications from advanced 3D gaming to digital and video cinematography - a complete output interface is included such as VIVO and hardware monitoring functioning (GV-N68U256VH only). With high-speed 258MB/128MB GDDR III memory (GV-N68U256VH and GV-N68128D respectively), a 256-bit memory interface, and an enticing game bundle, the GV-N68 series packs an amazing punch in terms of speed, performance and affordability.

The NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra/6800: Ultimate 3D Game Play
    Built on the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra/6800, the GV-N68 series is equipped with a complete range of features to satisfy any die-hard PC gamer. The unique NVIDIA CineFXTM 3.0 engine powers the next generation of cinematic realism in vivid true color. The next-generation shader architecture delivers faster and smoother gameplay. As well, NVIDIA's IntellisampleTM 3.0 provides the industry's fastest antialiasing for ultra-realistic visuals with no jagged edges at lightning-fast speeds. The GV-N68 series is an appealing choice for all game enthusiasts who crave unbelievable speed, outstanding performance, and mind-blowing graphics.

Full Compatibility and Features
    The GV-N68 series fully supports the Microsoft® DirectX® 9.x Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL® 1.5 which enables amazing and complex special effects for complete compatibility and performance for all applications. As well, the graphics accelerators support AGP 8X to offer a throughput of 2.1GBps. Support for DVI ensures high-quality graphics output from your digital monitor while the integrated TV encoder provides TV-out functionality for greater media flexibility. Moreover, the GV-N68 series features a unique cooling system to keep your PC remaining cool even when running the card at maximum performance while the latest V-TUNERTM 2 O/C utility allows gamers to easily obtain enhanced system performance.

A Solid Bundling package
    Gigabyte offers a great software bundle with the GV-N68 series, which includes PowerDVD5.0 and photo editing software - PowerDirector 3 ME and 3D Album as well as two action-packed games: "SpellForce - The Order of Dawn" and "Chaser" for hours of gaming fun. The GV-N68 series is sure to blow you away with its blazing performance and added game value.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Cool - where'd you get the info?

Hardware monitoring is I guess temp sensors on the card - shame you don't get it with the non-ultra.

I hope there might be some Doom 3 bundles, I heard Nvidia had buddied up with ID at some point - I've never even heard of Spellforce or Chaser.