Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Internet Explorer? Getting Rid Of Ie.

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Mozilla Firefox B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    i tried the extension fix but now mozilla won't open at all. when i click on it nothing happens now. i've tried to see if was in my resourses by cltr alt delete but found nothing. i'm uninstalled and try reinstalling and i get nothing. not even the error now. i've tried restarting. any other suggestions?

also when i try to rename the "chrome" folder to "chrome-backup" it just makes another "chrome" folder whenever i click on the mozilla executable.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by dmorgan89@13 April 2004 - 21:05
    i tried the extension fix but now mozilla won't open at all. when i click on it nothing happens now. i've tried to see if was in my resourses by cltr alt delete but found nothing. i'm uninstalled and try reinstalling and i get nothing. not even the error now. i've tried restarting. any other suggestions?

also when i try to rename the "chrome" folder to "chrome-backup" it just makes another "chrome" folder whenever i click on the mozilla executable.
    try firefox...if thats not what ur already using that is...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    yeah firefox is the one i'm now having problems with. when it was running it was great. exactly what i wanted, but i can't get it to work right. i'm still trying though. any suggestions anyone?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by dmorgan89@13 April 2004 - 15:43
    Also can I completely remove IE. It's gonna really suck when i get a new explorer but things still popup in microsoft's ie. I want to have a new explorer and it fully replac microsoft's IE.
    I would just leave IE installed like everyone else suggested.

Some programs require IE to be installed. Uninstalling it can fuck with your computer.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    1) You can't uninstall IE through Windows. It will only hide some of the files. You an external program to do so, but it is HIGHLY recommended against doing it. Many programs do rely on it, including some browers.

2) Firefox and Mozilla are excellent, but if you're having trouble, maybe you should try something similar to IE, works on it's core, and has all the features you're looking for. MyIE2

3) You don't neccesarily need a pop-up blocker. You can use something that already within Windows to help you, the HOSTS file among other things. This may help, if you're interested.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I have run all the above mentioned browsers and am currently using MyIE2.

It has all the features (popup block, tabs, etc.)that I like AND you can access Windows Update with it ( you can&#39;t with Mozilla).
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@14 April 2004 - 19:07
    I have run all the above mentioned browsers and am currently using MyIE2.

It has all the features (popup block, tabs, etc.)that I like AND you can access Windows Update with it ( you can&#39;t with Mozilla).
    myIE2 works on the IE core, so it&#39;s as inherently insecure as IE is

You may not be able to access the Windows Update page directly with mozilla, but you can still download updates from the developers site
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by 4th gen@14 April 2004 - 14:09

myIE2 works on the IE core, so it&#39;s as inherently insecure as IE is

True, true.

Security has yet to be an issue for me and the fact is that every website on the net has been designed/optimized for IE.
    MyIE2 is very easy to setup and configure ( Mozilla isn&#39;t that hard but there is a learning curve), and the tabbed browsing is great.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@14 April 2004 - 22:19
    True, true.

Security has yet to be an issue for me and the fact is that every website on the net has been designed/optimized for IE.
    MyIE2 is very easy to setup and configure ( Mozilla isn&#39;t that hard but there is a learning curve), and the tabbed browsing is great.
    I&#39;m sorry, but I must have missed the learning curve...what is it?
    Mozilla firefox also features tabbed browsing
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast