Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry Bonds

Site Owner
    Will he break Aarons all-time Homerun record and if so, when?

What do you think about the whole steroid issue?

Brian

2. Lounge   -   #2
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    I think he still has a chance, he only needs approximately 530 more at bats (he is averaging a homer every 13 at bats and he is 41 homers behind aaron). And as much as i would like to say his homers hit while on steriods should not be counted as far as the record book is concerned, you may as well count them since the advantage of far more games played per season will never be repealled giving current players a greater change to pass the old records.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Site Owner
    actually he is about 94 HRs behinds Aaron I believe.

Brian

4. Lounge   -   #4
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I think that he can break the all time home run record IF he remains health and he can continue his success.

I don't think that he will be able to stay healthy though because of the wear and tear that he has put on his body. I know that he is amazing shape but at 40 years old he will start to break down more often. Mark Mcgwire was on the same kind of tear but his body started to break down and he was forced to retire.

I do think that Barry did take steroids because you don't build that much muscle mass that late into your career. If you look at when he played for the Pirates he was a thin and lean, now at 40 years old he's a mutant. But the same can also be said about Mcgwire when he player for Oakland and about Sammy Sosa to some extent.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    yes, you are correct, ruth has 714! quess this means i should either pay more attention to the game or what i post

6. Lounge   -   #6
    BANNED
    Bonds will break it i don't see him retireing from baseball for a few years plenty of time to break the record. The question i have is who will break barry bonds record? after he sets it or course!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by Rappy@13 April 2004 - 19:43
    who will break barry bonds record? after he sets it or course!
    prolly some steroid freak.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+14 April 2004 - 03:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 14 April 2004 - 03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rappy@13 April 2004 - 19:43
    who will break barry bonds record? after he sets it or course&#33;
    prolly some steroid freak. [/b][/quote]
    I donno its hard to tell who is on it or not i don&#39;t believe it is as big of a problem as some people make it out to be

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Site Owner
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+14 April 2004 - 03:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 14 April 2004 - 03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rappy@13 April 2004 - 19:43
    who will break barry bonds record? after he sets it or course&#33;
    prolly some steroid freak. [/b][/quote]
    Alex Rodriguez may have a shot, Albert Pujols possibly too.

Pujols is supposedly like 22 or 23 years old. I have a feeling he is lying about his age sicne he looks like hes about 35.

Brian :-)

10. Lounge   -   #10
    BANNED
    well he may be one of those guys that came over from another country and lied about their age so teams would invest a lot of money in them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast