Thread: Who Is?

jetje's Avatar former star
    Just name a famous sportstar from a sport, and it's up to other memers to see if they can find out who (s)he is and in what sports. B)

i'll start

Who's Felix Savon??

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Felix Savon Fabre, Cuban heavyweight, 3 olympic golds, 6 world championships, Cuban title holder untill his retirement in 2000 at age 33.

I think. Sports is not my forté.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Your absolutely right there. Your turn Fred !

Felix Savón, Cuba
    Personal:
    Height: 6'5"
    Felix Savón has been dominating boxing since 1986, when he won his first of six world heavyweight championships (although in reality he lost in 1997 to Rustam Chagayev of Uzbekistan. Chagayev was disqualified soon after due to violations of his amateur status). In 1999, Savón forfeited his chance for a seventh world title by refusing to fight Michael Bennett of the U.S. to protest a decision given to a fellow Cuban boxer in an earlier match.
    Achievements:
    1999 World Championships, silver
    1998 Goodwill Games, champion
    1997 World Championships, champion
    1996 Olympic Games, champion
    1995 World Championships, champion
    1995 Pan American Games, champion
    1994 World Goodwill Games, champion
    1993 World Championships, champion
    1992 Olympic Games, champion
    1991 World Championships, champion
    1991 Pan American Games, champion
    1990 Goodwill Games, champion
    1989 World Championships, champion
    1987 Pan American Games, champion
    1986 World Championships, champion
    1985 World Junior Championships, champion
    Currently:
    With a gold in Sydney, Savón can match the feat of countryman Teófilo Stevenson, the only fighter to win three Olympic boxing gold medals in the same weight class. He might have already done so, if not for the Cuban boycott of the 1988 Seoul Olympics. As the reigning world champion in 1987, Savón would have been a medal favorite.
    They Said It?
    "I do not like professional boxing. There is a tremendous difference between Olympic style and professional boxing. In the professional ranks the athlete is not protected at all, they don't take care of him at all and of course the main interest is earning money. It's a very dirty sport. In Olympic style boxing, the amateur sport is very clean and it's truly something that is good for the athlete," Savon says.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Not really famous, but here goes :

Mansour Bahrami

5. Lounge   -   #5
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    celery isn't allowed to reply to this

Andrew Johns

6. Lounge   -   #6
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@14 April 2004 - 12:31
    Mansour Bahrami
    [GLOAT] i knew who he was without googling [/GLOAT]

Bahrami is a tennis player, at the moment he's a regular of the Wimbledon Senior's Double tournament, he's a practical joker, a good laugh if you've never seen him play before

Random Stats
    Date of Birth: 26 Apr 1956
    Place of Birth: Arak IRN
    Height: 1.78m
    Weight: 81kg
    Handed: Right Handed
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+14 April 2004 - 20:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 14 April 2004 - 20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fred devliegher@14 April 2004 - 12:31
    Mansour Bahrami

Bahrami is a tennis player, at the moment he&#39;s a regular of the Wimbledon Senior&#39;s Double tournament, he&#39;s a practical joker, a good laugh if you&#39;ve never seen him play before

Random Stats
    Handed: Right Handed [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, I knew who it was too

I&#39;ve seen him a few times now, a good match was him playing mixed doubles with Anna Kournikova against Henri LeConte and Martina Navratilova.

A very entertaining chap
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+14 April 2004 - 22:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 14 April 2004 - 22:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fred devliegher@14 April 2004 - 12:31
    Mansour Bahrami

Bahrami is a tennis player, at the moment he&#39;s a regular of the Wimbledon Senior&#39;s Double tournament, he&#39;s a practical joker, a good laugh if you&#39;ve never seen him play before

Random Stats
    Handed: Right Handed [/b][/quote]
    Good call. I love the guy too - especially the story of how he met his wife.

Your turn.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    most random sportsman i can think of: Paulo Vernazza
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants